Why Choose this Training Course?
Mutually reinforcing innovations in computing and engineering are catapulting advances in technological production. From blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI) to gene editing and the Internet of Things (IoT), these advances come with tremendous opportunities for improvement in productivity, efficiency, and human well-being. But as scandals increasingly demonstrate, these advances also introduce new and serious risks of conflict and harm.
Technology professionals now face growing demands to identify and mitigate ethical risks to human rights and the environment, as well as to navigate ethical trade-offs between qualities such as privacy and accuracy, fairness and utility, and safety and accountability. This course provides the tools to identify and manage common ethical risks in the development of emerging data-driven technologies. It distills ethical theory, public regulations, and industry best practices into concrete skills and guidelines needed for the responsible development of digital products and services. By following the course's practical, problems based approach, learners will become adept at applying theories, principles, frameworks, and techniques in their own roles and organizations.
To ensure your success in this course, specific prerequisites are mandatory to take. The program prerequisites can be accessed and viewed by visiting the following hyperlinked file: CEET Prerequisites, and CertNexus Exam Blueprints.
What are the Goals?
In this course, you will incorporate ethics into data-driven technologies such as AI, IoT, and data science. You will:
- Describe general concepts, theories, and challenges related to ethics and emerging technologies.
- Identify ethical risks.
- Practice ethical reasoning.
- Identify and mitigate safety and security risks.
- Identify and mitigate privacy risks.
- Identify and mitigate fairness and bias risks.
- Identify and mitigate transparency and explainability risks.
- Identify and mitigate accountability risks.
- Build an ethical organization.
- Develop ethical systems in technology-focused organizations.
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is designed for technology leaders, solution developers, project managers, organizational decision makers, and other individuals seeking to demonstrate a vendor-neutral, cross-industry understanding of ethics in emerging data-driven technologies, such as AI, robotics, IoT, and data science.
This course is also designed for professionals who want to pursue the CertNexus Certification Exam CET-
110: Certified Ethical Emerging Technologies.
The Course Content
Introduction to Ethics of Emerging Technologies
- What’s at Stake
- Ethics and Why It Matters
- Ethical Decision-Making in Practice
- Causes of Ethical Failures
Identifying Ethical Risks
- Ethical Reasons
- Stumbling Blocks for Ethical Reasoning
- Identify Ethical Risks in Product Development
- Tools for Identifying Ethical Risks
- Use Regulations, Standards, and Human Rights to Identify Ethical Risks
Ethical Reasoning in Practice
- Ethical Theories
- Use Ethical Decision-Making Frameworks
- Select Options for Action
- Avoid Problems in Ethical Decision-Making
Identifying and Mitigating Security Risks
- What Is Security?
- Identify Security Risks
- Security Tradeoffs
- Mitigate Security Risks
Identifying and Mitigating Privacy Risks
- What Is Privacy?
- Identify Privacy Risks
- Privacy Tradeoffs
- Mitigate Privacy Risks
Identifying and Mitigating Fairness and Bias Risks
- What Are Fairness and Bias?
- Identify Bias Risks
- Fairness Trade-offs
- Mitigate Bias Risks
Identifying and Mitigating Transparency and Explainability Risks
- What Are Transparency and Explainability?
- Identify Transparency and Explainability Risks
- Transparency and Explainability Trade-offs
- Mitigate Transparency and Explainability Risks
Identifying and Mitigating Accountability Risks
- What Is Accountability?
- Identify Accountability Risks
- Accountability Tradeoffs
- Mitigate Accountability Risks
Building an Ethical Organization
- What Are Ethical Organizations?
- Organizational Purpose
- Ethics Awareness
- Develop Professional Ethics within Organizations
Developing Ethical Systems in Technology-Focused Organizations
- Policy and Compliance
- Metrics and Monitoring
- Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
- Ethical Leadership
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- CertNexus Certificate will be issued to those delegates who successfully pass Exam CET-110