“To win support for the development of a new product, requires a written business-case which
justifies why the product should be developed and brought to market”
Why Choose this Training Course?
Development of new products is essential, but it can be very expensive and it also involves risk. A new product should only be developed if it can be proven that it has a good chance of surviving and thriving in the market.
So to justify the development and launch of a new product, requires a written business-case that takes into account the opportunities and challenges that currently exist, or might arise, in the market.
Anyone who is required to write, present, or contribute to, a written business-case for a new product, should attend this AZTech training course. It will equip you with the insight to address the right issues in the market and use them to justify your proposals in a written business-case.
You will learn how to research the business-case, structure it and write it.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- A process to construct a business-case
- How to identify the market factors that must be considered
- Defining a strategy for the business-case
- Advice on writing and presenting the case
- How to win support for the case
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course you should be able to:
- Understand the market challenges that new products face
- Recognise the essential market factors that underpin a business-case
- Judge the product idea in terms of potential market success
- Describe the elements of the case
- Write a business-case document
- Justify a business-case for a new product
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is for senior managers, middle managers, marketing executives and anyone else who wants to learn how to create and present a business-case for a new product in Business-to-Business (B2B) markets and will greatly benefit:
- Marketing directors who want to build business-cases that reflect market realities
- Product managers who need to build business-cases for new products
- R&D managers and other executives involved in the new product development process
- Finance directors and others who have to assess business-cases
- Business owners and inventors who want to increase their success rate in the market
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will be presented using a combination of formal presentations, discussions, role-playing and syndicated exercises. Video and case-studies will also be used.
A major differentiator in this programme is that it is highly practical, and delivers real-life examples drawn from the presenter’s many years of experience in sales and marketing consulting for leading global B2B companies.
The Course Content
Day One: The NPD Process and Risk
- The new product development process
- The market risk in new product development
- Principles to follow to reduce risk
- The role of a business-case in product development
- How to construct a successful new-product business-case
- What the business-case should contain
Day Two: Potential Success in the Market
- Welcome to the Dragon's Den
- What dragons look for and why
- Here is your new product idea
- Researching the market to identify feasibility
- Scoping and describing the potential market
- Understanding market drivers and their impact
Day Three: Understanding Market Factors, Potential Impacts and Customer Requirements
- Understanding market drivers and their impact (continued)
- The potential impact of customers and their effect on the business-case
- Assessing the sustainability of price and value
- How competitor responses might affect the case
- Recognising internal limits and capabilities
- Resources and changes to make the business-case realistic
Day Four: Defining What is Needed to Make the Case Viable in the Market
- What is required for the case to succeed in the market?
- Objectives of the business-case
- What strategy will be required to support the case?
- Justifying your case
- Risk and contingencies to include
- Financial investment and expected outcomes
Day Five: Resources Required for the Case to Work
- Internal resources and adjustments required
- Opportunity-cost time money effort
- Writing the case
- Presenting the case
- Selling the case
- An outline plan to win support
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete this course