Why Choose this Training Course?
In business – Cash is King! Poor cash management, bad debts, fraud and poor investment can increase costs, reduce profits and increase risk. With effective Bank Reconciliation & Cash Management the company can ensure that cash balances are kept to a minimum, surplus cash is invested safely, and profitable and international cash payments handled efficiently at reduced risk. This Bank Reconciliation and Petty Cash Management AZTech training course will provide delegates with the essential skills to effectively reconcile bank balances and manage all cash and banking issues.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The importance and methods to reconcile bank balances effectively
- Policies of Best Practice adopted by leading international companies
- How to forecast, manage and control bank and cash balances
- Investment and Finance opportunities aimed at increasing returns and minimising costs
- Advance issues relating to multi-currencies and cash shortages and surpluses
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare and Use Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Prepare Cash Statements and Forecast Cash Flow Forecasts/Budgets
- Manage the Bank & Cash balances effectively
- Recommend appropriate action in line with leading practice
- Implement controls to reduce risk and fraud
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals given the importance of cash but will greatly benefit those whose role is to handle cash or deal with finance/bank related matters:
- Those preparing and controlling bank reconciliation
- Staff preparing and controlling cash statements or budgets
- Staff managing payments
- Staff engaged in the budget process
- Those who prepare or act upon budgets
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes formal lectures, case studies and interactive worked examples.
Participants will be actively engaged, individually and as part of a group, in the case studies relevant to their workplace. They will also be given a detailed set of handouts and examples in both hard and soft copy enabling them to review the topics covered at a later date to reinforce their knowledge and skills.
The Course Content
Day One: Bank Reconciliation
- What is a Bank Reconciliation Statement?
- The Importance of Bank Reconciliation
- Undertaking a Bank Reconciliation
- Report & Correcting Differences
- Avoiding Future Differences
- Controlling Bank Records & Balances
Day Two: Cash Flow – Past & Future
- The Importance of Cash & Liquidity – Cash is King
- Cash Flow Statements – Evaluating the PAST Cash Flow
- Cash Forecast & Budgets – Forecasting and evaluating the FUTURE Cash Flow
- Variance Analysis
- The Cash Flow Cycle & Operational Efficiency
- Working Capital – The ideal ratio
Day Three: Cash Management
- An Overview of Cash Management
- The Optimal Cash Balance
- Sources of Short Term Finance
- Short Term Investment Opportunities
- Minimising Interest Cost & Maximizing Interest Earned
- Minimising Bank & Cash Balances
Day Four: Petty Cash Management
- What is Petty Cash?
- Forecasting Cash Needs
- Minimising Cash Holding
- Recording Cash Transactions
- Balancing the Cash Balance
- Dealing with Foreign Currencies & Exchange Rate Risk
Day Five: Advanced Bank & Cash Management
- Managing Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Methods of Raising Short-term & Long-term finance
- Minimising the Cost of Finance
- Bank Finance
- Factoring & Invoice Discounting
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course