Why Choose this Training Course?
This interactive, applications-driven 5-day aeronautics & aviation training course in Dubai will highlight the technical skill in the statistical analysis for the aviation service providers (Airports, Airlines and Air Traffic control Management units); it is based on ICAO program and recommendation on air transport.
The training course will emphasize applications of Statistical Analysis and Forecasting Techniques in management practice; focus on the clearer understanding of how to integrate quantitative practical sessions and workshops to improve the scientific aviation analytical skills.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The method of calculating the airport performance measures & the airline unit cost
- Forecasting linear and multiple regressions
- Air Transport principles, ICAO & ACI forms & ICAO statistics program
- Principles governing international statistical activities
- Descriptive statistics principles & Presenting Data in Tables and Charts using Computers: (Microsoft Excel)
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Air Transport principles and develop the required skills to understand ICAO statistics program
- Learn about the Airport System Components
- Learn Principles governing international statistical activities and the methods of calculating the airport performance measures
- Learn and practice Descriptive statistics principles & Forecasting techniques: linear and multiple regressions
- Be familiar with ICAO & ACI forms
- Understand the skills of Presenting Data in Tables and Charts using Computers: (Microsoft Excel) & Forecasting techniques e.g. linear and multiple regressions
- Conduct forecasting for the Aviation traffic
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
Air Transport Departments, Statistics Departments, Planning Departments, Finance Departments and other interested persons in Civil Aviation and Airport Authorities and Airlines
- Airline and airport staff related to managements of statistical studies
- Participants conducting planning and forecasting studies
- Airport and Airline operations and management staff
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) – airport & airline – inspectors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. This involves regular discussion of applications as well as hands-on exposure to data analytics techniques using Microsoft Excel. Delegates are strongly encouraged to bring and analyze data from their own work domain. This adds greater relevancy to the content. Emphasis is also placed on the valid interpretation of statistical evidence in a management context.
The training course will cover the next sub-topics through the training duration to get benefits through the main presentation, many real case studies, and many workshops.
The Course Content
Day One: Aviation Statistical Principles
- Course Introduction
- Overview on Air Transport Industry
- Aviation System Components
- Introduction and Data Collection
- Using MS Excel S/W in Data Analysis
- Presenting Data in Tables and Charts Numerical Descriptive Measures
Day Two: ICAO Statistics Program
- Main Terms Used in Civil Aviation Statistics
- The Statistics Program of the International Civil Aviation Organization
- Commercial Air Carrier Statistics
- Principles Governing International Statistical Activities (UNO)
- Economic and Air Transport Indicators
Day Three: Aviation Data Processing and Dissemination
- Forecasting Timeframe & Forecasting Techniques
- Statistical Parameters Definitions
- Practical Example of Time Series Models with Excel
- Introduction to Regression Analysis
- Polynomial Trend Analysis
Day Four: Statistical Reporting Guide
- Development of an Econometric Model
- Summary of the ICAO Statistics Programme
- Commercial Air Carrier Statistics
- Airport Statistics
- Statistics on En-route Facilities and Services
- State Aviation Statistics
Day Five: ICAO Forms for CAA & Service Providers
- Air Transport Reporting Forms for Airports
- Air Transport Reporting Forms for ANSP
- Air Transport Reporting Forms for Air Carriers Part I & II
- Best Practices in Survey Design, Data Collection and in Estimating Missing Data
- Economic Statistics, the ACI Airport Economics Survey and Airport User Charges
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course