Why Choose this Course?
This course is designed to take your financial modelling skills to an advance level, through the evaluation and analysis of real-life case studies. It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of finance enabling you to make financial decisions which will, reduce costs, increase profit and minimize risk. The course will examine the latest tools and techniques estimating sales, costs, risk and economic variables leading to advanced financial optimization models using Excel, best international practice, tools and techniques.
This course will feature:
- Practical application of advanced financial modelling skills to real life case studies in the Oil & Gas sector and your company
- Development of advanced financial knowledge and its application to business problems and decision making
- The development of Advanced Financial Models which will be of practical use to you and your organization
- Training using Excel and the latest financial analysis tools and techniques
- Supporting material in both hard and soft copy explaining key Financial and Modelling techniques and applications
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Make improved financial decisions using Excel
- Develop advanced financial models using Excel
- Apply best practice and the latest tools and techniques to analyse financial data
- Manage sales, costs and financial risk using financial models
- Prepare, use and report on advanced financial models
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who need to develop a greater understanding of finance
- Professionals who need to develop their advanced financial modelling skills
- Those who make decisions using financial models or are impacted by those decisions
- Those responsible for managing finance
- Those responsible for estimating sales, costs, risks and economic variables
How will this be Presented?
Throughout the course delegates will work on case studies and real life examples to develop their Advanced Financial Modelling and Finance skills.
The course is taught by an experienced financial practitioner, who will guide you through finance and the latest tools and techniques, using a range of methods including discussions, case studies and exercises. Where appropriate, these will include real issues brought to the workshop by delegates.
The course is highly participatory ensuring that delegates leave with new skills to benefit their personal and organizational development.
The Course Content
Day One: Advanced Modelling Skills with Excel
- From Basic Modelling to Advanced Modelling
- Identifying Financial Applications for Modelling in the Oil & Gas sector
- Advanced Financial Applications of Excel
- Advanced Financial Analysis Tools in Excel
- Graphs & Charts to aid Financial Analysis
- Best Practice in Modelling with Excel
Day Two: Estimation Models - Income, Costs, Risks & Economic Variables (Oil Prices, Exchange Rates & Interest Rates)
- Cost Estimation – Incremental; Inflation, PERT, Supply & Demand factors
- Forecasting using Statistical Methods in Excel – Time Series Analysis, Exponential Smoothing, Correlation & Regression Analysis
- Risk Measurement using – Probability Analysis, Correlation & Beta
- Forecasting Oil Prices using statistical models
- Measuring & Managing Investment Risk
- Forecasting Interest Rates & Exchange Rates using historical data, Interest Rate Parity Theory and Purchasing Power Parity Theory
Day Three: Developing an Advanced Financial Optimisation Model
- Developing the Financial Model using Costs and Economic Variables estimated on Day 2
- Simulating changes to Costs & Accounts Payable
- Simulating changes to Sales Volume, Oil Price & Accounts Receivables
- Financial Derivatives – Forwards, Options Futures & Swaps
- Using Derivatives to Managing Oil Price Volatility, Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
- Implementing Policies to manage change
Day Four: Models to Assess Growth Strategies
- Evaluating growth strategies
- Models to simulate growth strategies
- The dangers of Overtrading
- Examining the impact on Working Capital
- Examining the impact on Leverage
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Modelling the impact on Share Price, Market Value, Earnings & EPS
Day Five: Modelling Best Practices
- Case Study incorporating the skills from Day 1 – 4
- Developing an Advanced Financial Optimisation Model to meet the needs of the delegates and their organisation
- Presentation of the Model
- Testing the Model
- Improving the Model
- Decision Making & Reporting
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.