Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly engaging and practical AZTech training course will fully prepare delegates to skillfully develop and write effective Policies and Procedures. The focus will be on making these effective within their organization by considering issues such as process, workflows, compliance, language, organizational values and culture. This is such an important subject because all work activities are governed by Policies and Procedures. Hence, in order to perform their duties and be highly effective, all practicing professionals must develop these essential skills.
This training course fully prepares delegates to translate Policy into Action by developing the relevant Procedures. Delegates will explore techniques to ensure that Policies and Procedures are welcomed, understood, accepted and fully implemented by all those who need to use them. The training course provides a definitive guide to creating purposeful Policies and Procedures Documents, demonstrates online resources and even provides editable Templates for future use of all delegates. Distribution of the documents on modern devices such as smartphones and tablets will be explored, and publishing resources identified.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to develop professional Policy and Procedure documents
- How to identify and design the main structure and content
- Case Study examples of Policies and Procedures
- Techniques and methods used in drafting effective Policies and Procedures
- Ensure precise, unambiguous and certain content, thus writing clearly and concisely
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate highly effective drafting skills, which will be useful tools in all types of documents
- Analyse the clarity of expression in all documents
- Apply methods to highlight potential problems with existing Policies and Procedures and improve their effectiveness
- Illustrate the impact of non-compliance and build fully compliant procedures
- Demonstrate ability to manage and reduce risk effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is designed for delegates to build key capabilities to optimize productivity, that enable organizational success through the achievement of corporate goals.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Human Resource Professionals and Policy Owners and Writers who wish to advance their knowledge and skills
- Managers at all levels who wish to consolidate, refresh and reinforce their knowledge and skills
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a variety of practical sessions including conceptual walkthroughs, case studies, assessment tools, questionnaires, and group interaction are programmed. This training course is highly interactive with individual and group activities. These sessions are informative, inspiring, enjoyable and presented in a focused atmosphere conducive to learning.
The Course Content
Day One: Diagnostic - Foundation of Policy & Procedure Development
- Importance of policies and procedures to the organization
- Hierarchy of documents and types of policy and procedures
- Mapping of Process and workflow for efficiency and productivity
- The impact of change on Policies and Procedures
- The DDIE Strategic Planning Process
- Considering Organisational Culture and Values
Day Two: Diagnostic and Development of Policy & Procedure
- Simplifying process with a flow chart
- Mind mapping as a pre-writing exercise
- Effective technical writing cycle
- Defining Key Content that matters
- Developing A Policy – Best Practice Template Framework & Content
- Developing A Procedure – Best Practice Framework and Content
Day Three: Governance and Legal Requirements
- The legal and compliance role of Policies and Procedures
- The review process and approval
- The rationale of writing disclaimers
- Reviewing for absolutes, conditional phrases and other hidden legal issues
- Importance of Employee Acknowledgment and Compliances
- The Importance of International Standards –ISO
Day Four: Implementation of Policy & Procedures
- Change Management strategies to ensure effective implementation
- Differentiate between visual clarity and visual clutter
- Enabling users to locate information efficiently
- Publication formats and related technology
- Checklist: Is your document format designed for readability?
- Coordinating and communicating the changes
Day Five: Evaluation
- Management of the Revision cycle
- Evaluating the need for changes in policy or procedure
- Revisions with minimum disruptions inclusive of acceptance
- Do’s and don’ts of electronic policies and procedures
- Case Studies of Policies and Procedures
- Action Plan for Sustainability – DDIE and Policy Content Checklist
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.