Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This online Project Management training course focuses on how to deliver comprehensive reliable plans with time and cost estimates that gives the owner or sponsor of projects, high levels of confidence for project delivery. In addition, the plans need to be realistic with a full view of any risks faced during and after the project lifecycle.
The decision to proceed with a project is based on early, high level conceptual estimates. However, these can be wide ranging and therefore more detailed estimates need to provide the basis for the cash flow projections and schedule forecasts.
This AZTech online training course will feature:
- Gaining knowledge of techniques used in project estimating, from the conceptual stage to the final detailed estimate
- Understanding the different types of estimates used to give confidence and progressively estimate project costs and schedule
- Identifying risk sources and minimize their impact and learn how to sustain project momentum
- Developing effective performance monitoring and control systems
- An integrated approach to scope, time, resources and cost management into a dynamic and manageable model
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech online training course, participants will be able to:
- Confidently estimate project timescales and costs with appropriate resource management plans
- Identify, assess and manage schedule, cost, scope and resource risks
- Understand project performance and control
- Measure, forecast and control project performance by employing earned value techniques
- Develop a project recovery plan for budget and schedule overruns
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those who have a project role such as project managers, cost estimators, project schedulers, project designers, project planner, contract professionals, project procurement and purchasing staff, and project control and business services professionals who have the responsibility for preparing cost / schedule estimates and project proposals in client and contracting companies
- Senior managers who want to understand best practice in project management
- Those who are interested in knowing more about estimation and control in a project environment
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The Course Content
Day One: Project Estimating Basics
- Basic project management definitions
- Triple constraints – Time, Cost, Scope
- Project selection methods
- Defining project scope
- Cost & schedule estimation, Cost budgeting & control
- Project schedule management using the Critical Path Method
Day Two: Developing Project Budget & Schedule Control
- Resource requirements
- Direct & indirect project costs
- Planning and scheduling limited resources
- Options for accelerating the schedule
- Crashing the schedule - How?
Day Three: Managing the Risk
- Risk identification, analysis & management
- Contingency reserve
- PERT, probability and standard deviation formulae
- Network activity risk profiles
- Application: Estimating project duration
- Project risk strategies
Day Four: Measuring Project Performance
- Critical chain analysis and use of buffers
- Comparison of unbalanced with balanced schedules
- Measuring planned progress on schedule
- Risk distribution in contracting
- Actual progress and work conditions
- Managing variable conditions
Day Five: Managing and Recovering Project Estimates
- Schedule variances & cost variances
- Progress control charts -trend analysis
- Schedule and cost variance forecasting
- Schedule and cost recovery analysis
- Schedule and cost recovery plan
- Project recovery baselines and controls
The Course Schedule
First Session : 11:00 – 12:30
1st Break : 12:30 – 12:45
Second Session : 12:45 – 14:15
2nd Break : 14:15 – 14:30
Third Session : 14:30 – 16:00
- An AZTech e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected on the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an R.E.P. has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.