An intensive professional development training course on
Advanced Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
Delivering Confident Performance Levels for your Projects
Why Choose this Training Course?
It doesn’t matter how small or large your project is, it will consist of many component parts that must all come together to meet deadlines, budgets and quality standards. Just one activity breaking down can cause delays and financial losses. Keeping everything on the right track isn’t easy and can be very stressful for project managers and sponsors alike. This is the reason why every project needs to have a project control system in place to monitor and evaluate its progress but also have project managers with the right soft skills to lead, influence, negotiate and persuade others to perform.
Project execution is when the planning all comes together, and senior managers see real advances but how do we measure progress with confidence? There are many metrics that may be measured but perhaps only a few of these will establish how well the project is really performing.
In order to monitor, measure and evaluate project performance, a comprehensive approach to planning and initiation is required to establish the baselines against which the objectives, success criteria, key performance indicators, timescales, risks, budgets and benefits will be measured.
This training course will highlight:
- What is project success and failure
- Understanding governance mechanisms to support Initiation, planning, execution, and closure
- Definition of key performance indicators, metrics and setting up reporting mechanisms
- Tried and tested professional planning techniques to set expectations of controlling project scope, schedule, costs, uncertainty, communication and quality
- Appropriate project execution, control methods to assist project managers in their reporting
- Exploring soft skills to complement and lead planning techniques and control expectations
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how projects originate and get started
- Agree key performance indicators and success criteria and understand why they are necessary
- Learn the processes, tools and techniques of project planning with a risk management focus
- Lead, Influence and negotiate with people to deliver what they promise and make projects successful
- Understand project team members and enable project teams to be highly productive
- Build effective dashboards with the knowledge of scorecards to report project performance?
- Measure, forecast, present status, and control project performance by employing earned value techniques
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will be of great value to anyone managing or involved in projects; anyone wanting to get involved in projects, regardless of their professional background or industry
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers / Team Leaders
- Project Technical / Workstream Leaders
- PMO staff
- Project Sponsors / Owners
- Business Functional Management or personnel
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Over five days, this training course is highly interactive and practical. It uses a wide variety of concepts and models to explore effective leadership in projects. Case studies, diagnostic self-assessment questionnaires, role-playing activities and group exercises to give delegates the opportunity to discover, practice and consolidate their learning. Delegates will have the opportunity to assess and discuss the application of the content to their own project and to devise their own personal developmental plan for each aspect of the course.
The Course Content
Day One: Project Basics
- Organisation Vision, Mission & Strategy
- Characteristics of projects
- How project success is measured
- Project context and the environment
- Defining project scope
Day Two: Planning Projects with Execution, Monitoring and Control in Mind
- What is project planning?
- What work has to be done?
- In what order will the work be done?
- How long will work take?
- Who do we need to undertake the work, including acceleration techniques
- What tools can we use to communicate our plans?
Day Three: Risk Management
- How much will the project cost?
- Risk Management processes, tools and techniques
- Designing the monitoring and control system using S curves
- Introducing a change control system
- The value of Audits
Day Four: Monitoring and Control, Evaluation, Reporting & Hand-over
- Setting up Project Control Systems
- Selecting Appropriate Key Performance Indicators
- Project execution
- Monitoring Performance through Earned Value Management
- Reviewing what has been achieved and reporting progress
- Controlling Project Handover to Operations
Day Five: Looking After and Leading the Team
- Project people selection, team building and empowerment
- Leadership vs management
- Negotiating and delegating with confidence
- Meetings and safe communication with stakeholders
- Conflict handling
- Project closure
- Lessons learned
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.