Why Choose this Training Course?
This exciting and challenging training course aims to raise the awareness of the Supply Chain and to encourage effective, collaborative methods of using the latest thinking of supply chain planning and execution. This comprehensive AZTech training course helps delegates to work in their organizations and leverage the potential of team members. Delegates will be exposed to focus on developing Supply Chain skills, making the Supply Chain work for them in their organisations as well as understanding procurement and the effect of inventory on costs. Delegates will understand how to use and apply approaches and frameworks that can be applied to different market segments in order to gather new insights into developing logistics and supply chains to achieve competitive advantage.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understand the principles of a Supply Chain
- Learn about Supply Chain trends and the need for innovation
- Appreciate the Supply Chain challenges that exist in organisations
- Develop strategies for becoming lean and green
- Appreciate the importance of procurement and inventory
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a functional and cross functional view of the supply chain
- See that better working with all of the supply chain players pays dividends
- Consider Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Measure Supply Chain performance effectively
- Recommend the positioning and quantity of inventory
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will prove to be valuable and productive for all individuals who wish to improve their knowledge of the Supply Chain and develop their personal power and effectiveness.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Supply Chain supervisors
- Those in the organization wanting to learn more about the Supply Chain
- Finance Managers
- Those working in procurement and in inventory departments
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes being presented in a highly interactive manner, with an effective discussion and computer presentation style.
Together with fellow participants, you will bring a wide variety of experience and resources to the course. The course facilitator’s role is to help you learn for yourself and to assist you as you make sense of new ideas and techniques that you can use at work. We learn things as we try them out, stepping out of the zones that we find comfortable. Joining in role-plays is often the best way to find out how we are doing with our learning. The course facilitator will give you some input and then help you to make sense of the models through some discussion and then practice. You’ll then be able to apply the learning to your workplace.
The Course Content
Day One: An Introduction to Supply Chain
- What is the Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Stages
- Supply Chain processes
- Supply Chain trends and the need for innovation
- Supply Chain challenges
- Local to Global to Local
Day Two: Sustainable Supply Chains
- Towards a sustainable Supply Chain in organisations
- Customization, Servicing and Green
- Lean and Green advantages
- Role of logistics service providers
- Transport hubs and horizontal collaboration
- Measuring Supply Chain performance
Day Three: ICT in Supply Chains
- Supply Chain ICT innovation
- ERP systems
- Decision making using ICT
- Using ICT to reduce costs
- Applying e-Procurement business processes
Day Four: Procurement and Inventory in Supply Chains
- Principles of Procurement
- Cost reduction initiatives
- Negotiation techniques
- Principles of inventory positioning
- Using EOQ to manage stock levels
- Determining safety stocks
Day Five: The Supply Chain in reality
- Constructing business plans to improve the organisational processes
- Understanding and addressing global difficulties
- Risks in the Supply Chain
- Appreciating the needs of the supplier
- Improving relationships internally and externally
- AZTech Certificate of Completion will be awarded to delegates who attend and complete the training course