Why Choose this Training Course?
This Essentials of Leadership & Management training course aims to encourage effective, collaborative methods of leadership and management. It helps delegates to work in their organizations and leverage the leadership potential of team members. Delegates will be exposed to focus on developing leadership skills, personal influence, as well as explore strategies for building a team of strong professionals who will support each other, deal with tough problems efficiently, and take accountability. This Leadership and Management training course focuses on tactful leadership practices that are effective in any business.
It also offers a comprehensive overview of good management practice for those new to supervision. This AZTech training course introduces delegates to the variety of skills needed to be successful and offers insights into how to personally manage the transition from being a ‘technical expert’ to supervision and team management. If you are new to supervision or management this course offers a compendium of ideas which will impact your practice immediately.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Leadership styles and transformation
- How to build strong collaborative team work
- Develop strategies for using personal leadership power and building strong, mutual influence relationships within organization
- Using the performance management process profitably
- The 4D Management model: direct, delegate, develop and deliver
This comprehensive training course consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day training courses.
Module 1 - The Essentials of Leadership
Module 2 - The Management Essentials
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Discover the core competencies required for exemplary leadership
- Examine the ethical aspects of leadership and values which drive lasting results
- Appraise and select supervision tools that "fast track" performance
- Comprehend and utilise the value of the performance management process
- Create and monitor personalized action plans for self, others and the team
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Employees about to undertake supervisory or management positions
- Current Supervisors who are interested in building their management skills
- Team Leaders, site, operations and production Supervisors
- First time Managers with no formal management training
- Young employees identified as ‘high potential’ future Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes highly interactive, hands-on learning style of the Instructor. Many activities will be presented to cause the delegate to engage in and reflect on the information - a large percentage of the time; the course will require interaction and activities. The Tutor will utilise a combination of presentations, videos, class discussion, group and self-reflective exercises in order to examine all the elements of content. In a risk free environment delegates can practice skills in a non-threatening environment. The emphasis will be on building the confidence for success.
The Course Content
Module 1: The Essentials of Leadership: Inspirational, Innovative and Holistic Praxis
Day One: Agile Leadership in the New Normal
- Leadership Principles, Perceptions and Praxis: essential themes
- Changing Paradigms, New Demands and Enlightened Leadership.
- The New Normal; changing environments, expectations and challenges
- Leadership by “design”, building agile, responsive and decisive leadership
- The Leader Within; innate qualities personality performance, style and outputs
- The External Environment; leading and navigating in turbulent times
Day Two: Leading Self and Others to Exceptional Performance
- The Leadership Management Debate. Do I Lead or Manage?
- What Leadership style does my organisation require?
- 360 Leadership; competence assessment, review and peer coaching
- Leading the focused agile team.: mission, vision values and SMARTER measures
- Communicating Organisational and clarifying team purpose
- Charismatic leaders and Storytelling: acknowledging success and lessons learned
Day Three: Inspirational Leadership: Motivational Trust, and Collective Wisdom
- Trust- the essential ingredient in the new normal
- Motivational leadership: the Emotionally Intelligent leaders
- Engagement and well-being: Scope, Support, Connection, Voice
- Diagnostic tools for organisational and team development
- Whole brain thinking divergent and convergent thinking
- Decision Making and the power of diverse thinking.
- Collective wisdom, constructive dissent and innovative outcomes
Day Four: Leading a Culture of Change and Building Innovative Capability
- Leading change and transition issues ingenuity and innovation
- Solution focused methodology: Accentuating the positive and the possibilities
- Utilising soft system methodology for innovative insights into change
- Using Nature and multiple intelligences for creative outcomes
- Assessing culture and organisational creativity for agile responsiveness
- Entrepreneurial creativity. How creative am I?
Day Five: Leadership Priorities in the “New Normal Digital Age.”
- The global pandemic.: impact, learnings and responses
- Resilience, Well-being and Mindfulness: key people deliverables
- Planning for Crisis; beware the “black swans”
- Ethical leadership for sustainable organisations.
- Reframing the Business Model Canvas to create value and sustainability
- Action planning for future improvement
Module 2 The Management Essentials: Addressing priorities in a Post COVID world
Day Six: Agile Management in the New Normal
- Making the transition into management: new skills, fears and expectations
- Key accountabilities. Responsibilities, Accountabilities
- The Boss I want to become - Competencies, behaviours and priorities
- Psychometric assessment of personal management strengths
- Applying theoretical models
Day Seven: Managing Performance of Self and Others
- What style of management does my organisation require?
- Psychometric assessment on my preferred management style
- Driving continuous change for improvement and creative agility
- Clarifying Organisational and Team Purpose
- SMARTER objectives for the 21st century
- Assertive behaviour and successful performance reviews
Day Eight: The Dynamic Team: Focus, Solutions and Outcomes
- Creating the Highly Effective Teams: in house and remote
- Characteristics of Dysfunctional teams
- Generational issues, diversity, challenge and harnessing potential
- Team audit: evaluating current performance to initiate future targets
- Utilising Collective Wisdom solve problems issues and crisis
- Managing Change, the “What if” Factor., Transition and Crisis
Day Nine: Motivational Mindsets: Performance = Motivation + Competence
- Motivation to Engage: Scope, Support, Connection, Voice
- Communication to Connect, Clarify, Convince and Convey
- Constructive feedback, conflict and handling difficult conversations
- Coaching for individual and team success.
- Review of practice: How well do I motivate my people?
- Ten things the great boss does every day
Day Ten: Prioritization in the New Normal and Digital Age
- The global pandemic: impact and learnings
- What are my key deliverables post pandemic?
- The Golden Rule: achieving goals through the effort of others
- Delegation for Development. How well do I delegate?
- Presentation skills: Inform, Illustrate, Influence, Impact, Initiate
- Action planning for post workshop improvement
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course