Why Choose this Training Course?
This Certificate in Corporate Governance training course provides the skills to build advanced knowledge, and relevant competencies to meet the challenges of governing organisations in both the private and public sector. This training course covers issues relating to corporate governance, strategic planning, risk management, internal audit and financial management.
This training course provides delegates with the key corporate governance skills that are essential in leading, managing and controlling organisations in times of increasing uncertainty and complexity.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Successfully build knowledge of the importance of effective corporate governance
- Examine the role of middle and senior management in developing and implementing effective corporate governance
- Understand strategy and risks and how to implement a risk management based regime
- Implementing an effective control framework
- Improve internal controls, measurement and performance reporting and overall corporate governance
- Understand the financial statements and ensuring financial sustainability
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior and middle managers
- Finance professionals responsible for financial accounting, treasury, internal audit, budget preparation and management reporting
- Line managers with strategic planning and operational budgeting responsibility
- Professional advisers and Business Consultants
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will be highly participatory and your seminar leader will present, guide and facilitate learning, using a range of methods including discussions, case studies and exercises. Where appropriate, these will include real issues brought to the workshop by delegates.
By combining analysis, problems and examples with real case studies - lessons learned from the seminar will be applied to your organisation. Key performance indicators (KPIs) for the critical success factors (CSFs) will focus attention on high priority action plans for taking back to your organisation.
The Course Content
Day One: The Importance of Corporate Governance
- What is corporate governance?
- Why is corporate governance important?
- Understanding the drivers for effective corporate governance
- Case study reviews
- Understanding governance roles and responsibilities
- The role of senior and middle management
- Organisational models and effective corporate governance
Day Two: Strategic Planning
- Organisations and strategy
- The role of the board and senior management
- Formulating a strategic plan
- Monitoring strategic performance
- Strategic planning checklist
- Case study review
Day Three: Risk Management
- What is risk management?
- Why is risk management important?
- Risk management in hindsight
- Understanding the risk management process
- Application of the risk management process at the strategic level
- How to improve your risk management regime
- Case study review
Day Four: Improving Internal Controls
- Importance of administrative and accounting controls
- Case study examples
- Developing and improving internal controls
- The role of the internal audit function
- Implementing effective project controls
- Analysis and reporting for decision making
Day Five: Understanding Financial Statements
- Navigating around the main financial statements
- Exploring the relationships between the financial statements
- The role of the financial statement preparer.
- Directors and boards duties and responsibilities
- Current reporting and accounting issues
- Key ratios used to monitor organisational performance
- Financial and management reporting for effective decision making
- Developing, measuring and reporting financial and non-financial KPIs
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.