Why Choose this Training Course?
Consumers are demanding for safe, secured and reliable grid system, with the introduction of systems digitalization the demand for smart grid is no exception. A smart grid is an intelligent automated system for monitoring the flow of electricity and making the distribution of electricity more efficient. In a world where protecting the environment is a major concern, it is important to find cost-effective ways of reducing power usage and increasing energy independence.
A smart grid includes the utilization and production of renewable energy. Consumers now have a choice to generate their own electricity for personal consumption, and any excess of electrical energy can be sold to the local utilities supply companies. This can be achieved by installing smart meters in the premises. Smart grids possess demand response capacity to help balance electrical consumption with supply, as well as the potential to integrate new technologies to enable energy storage devices and the large-scale use of electric vehicles.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The conventional power grid system
- Smart grid blueprint and characteristics
- Types of renewable energy
- Wind turbines
- Photo voltaic cells
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and benefits of a smart grid
- Determine the various types of renewable energy
- Explain the different types of solar panels
- Analyse the common types of wind farms
- Design and components of a smart home
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course will greatly benefit all non-engineering personnel. This will be from the non-engineers, administrative personnel, safety officers and maintenance technicians.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Administrative personnel
- Safety officers
- Maintenance technicians
- The general professional public
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course in Dubai will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on smart grids and renewable energy. Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions.
The Course Content
Day One: Conventional Electrical Generation, Transmission and Distribution Process
- Differences between alternating current and direct current
- Common electrical units’ power, voltage, current, power factor and frequency
- Types of generation of electrical power system
- Transmission and distribution of electric power
- Domestic electrical system
- Industrial electrical system
Day Two: Types of Renewable Energy
- Wind turbines
- Construction and operation of wind farms
- Solar panels
- Construction and operations of photo voltaic cells
- Biomass energy
- Geothermal energy
Day Three: Introduction to Smart Grid
- What is smart grid?
- Smart grid attributes
- Characteristics of a smart grid
- Smart grid blueprint
- Smart grid best practices
- Smart grid and micro grid
Day Four: Smart Homes and Consumer Engagement
- Concepts of a smart home
- Merits of a smart home
- Characteristics of a smart home
- Introduction of smart meters
- Consumer engagement in a smart grid system
- Smart grid integration with the power grid
Day Five: Energy Storage Systems and Smart Sensors
- Types of energy storage system
- Importance and merits of battery systems
- Smart grid sensors and appliances
- Safety features
- Smart electric vehicles
- Wrap up session with Q & A
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course