Why Choose This Training Course?
The road infrastructure management is a critical challenge to roads authorities, which have either to manage an ageing network with high public expectations while at the same time; resources are reducing, less funding is available, and there is increased pressure for other government services, or are under pressure to build new roads and highways to connect the areas of the country as well as the country with other countries.
Road infrastructure asset, next to the pipelines asset is the most valuable asset owned by the public sector in most countries and it fully supports a nation’s economy, it can be called the lifeline of economy as it enables the mobility of people and goods.
Road asset management should provide an optimal and coherent approach to managing and expanding your road network over the long term. It allows road managers to optimize investment and returns while supporting decision-makers in reconciling short-term pressures on road maintenance and long-term priorities.
This AZTech training course will present asset management processes which include minimizing the effects of road downtime, as well the value depreciation of our roads.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Planning/budgeting for road asset maintenance/management
- Road asset management planning with the use of modern software as well as excel
- The road asset management data acquisition and analysis
- Road asset management valuation for both paved and unpaved roads
- Critical assets identification and risk management
- Developing a culture of shared responsibility for road asset management
- Transition to proactive road maintenance and optimal financing
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Create a road asset management plan
- Collect the data on road infrastructure assets in Excel spreadsheet as basis for software use
- Evaluate available road asset management software
- Perform risk analysis and criticality identification of road assets
- Acquire the knowledge of assuring stable finances for road infrastructure construction and maintenance
- Explain to its peers and managers alike the adequacy of investment and budgeting decisions
- Plan and prioritize the road maintenance based on the multiple criteria decision making
- Evaluate Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Software for Road Asset Management
- Identify Success Factors for Road Asset Management System in their country
Who is this Training Course For?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit, those who have involvement and responsibility for the construction, upgrade, maintenance and financing of the road infrastructure.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Highway and Road Engineers
- Traffic and Transportation Planners
- Traffic and Transportation Engineers
- Risk Managers
- Incident Response Team Members
- Application Designers
- Law Enforcement professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training course is highly interactive and is carefully designed to provide the best mix of experience, theory and practice in a professional learning environment. The emphasis is on real case studies, with the focus on the road asset management and finance planning using the office tools (Excel) and modeling techniques available within it, while preparing for the implementation of the state of the art road asset management software. Delegates will be presented with the both success and failure stories of road asset management and the lessons learned from the real case studies. The focus will also be on the adequate financing mechanisms for the road construction and maintenance especially.
The delegates will be guided through the whole process of road asset management plan development, multi-criteria decision making and building the excel model of road assets.
The Course Content
Day One: Importance of road asset management
- Asset Management Basics
- Road Classification
- Transport Modes
Day Two: Road asset management performance framework
- Road Asset Management Plan and Strategy
- Level of Service of Road Infrastructure
- Costs for Lifecycle Planning of Road Infrastructure Assets
- Incident and Emergency Response and Road Maintenance
- Review and Case Study
Day Three: Financial sustainability of road maintenance
- Financial Sources and Resources
- Road Assets Valuation
- Rehabilitation Treatment Valuation
- Evaluation of Maintenance Techniques and their Return On Investment (ROI)
- Emergency Repairs and its Financing
- Exercise: Road Asset Valuation Steps
Day Four: Risk management
- Infrastructure Risk Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Cross-asset Allocation
- Risk Monitoring and Risk Treatment Database
- Review and Case Study
Day Five: Modern technologies in road asset management
- User Inclusion
- Preventive Maintenance
- Asset Management Business Plan
- Structure of Asset Management Tools
- Evaluation and Comparison of Available Road Asset Management Software
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course