Why Choose This Training Course?
“Project managers are the most creative professionals in the world; we have to figure out everything that could go wrong, before it does”.
Project management professionals are increasingly required to make business decisions under pressure in complex, uncertain and highly dynamic situations. This AZTech training course will look at a number of advanced concepts in Project Management and Risk Management that will enable the participants to deal with the ever-changing business environment and to apply a proven systematic approach to the project management process to facilitate effective and efficient achievement of business objectives. Choose this training course if you would like to learn valuable tips, techniques and strategies to assist this process.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding of requirements and project definition
- Preparation of a project plan
- Development of a risk management strategy
- Understanding of project stakeholders
- Applying effective strategies to deliver the project and address typical project issues
This training course is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and promotes the use of language and terminology that project managers speak all over the world.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of project management concepts
- Prepare and execute an effective project plan
- Identify and analyse project risk
- Establish a project control system and monitor progress
- Apply effective strategies to address typical project issues
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who make or support project decisions and would like to be able to develop and justify effective solutions
- Project management professionals and supporting personnel
- Internal auditors and management accountants
How will this be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques are taught through case studies, experiential exercises and practical examples that can be used immediately to improve your project results.
The Course Content
Day One: Fundamentals of Project Management and Project Initiation
- The nature of projects and project management
- Project/program and portfolio management
- Project organisation
- The project life cycle
- Project initiation and definition
- Managing stakeholders
Day Two: Project Planning and Scheduling
- The imperative of planning
- The Stage Gate approach
- Scope definition and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Defining and sequencing project activities
- Resource management planning
- Estimating costs and determining budgets
Day Three: Risk Management Planning & Control
- Risk management overview
- Decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- Risk management planning process
- Risk identification and assessment
- Risk management strategies
- Contemporary concepts in risk management
Day Four: Project Execution, Monitoring & Control
- Directing and managing project execution
- Project control approaches and tools
- The earned value management (EVM) concept
- Managing the project team
- Establishing effective team processes for communication and decision making
- Managing stakeholder expectations
Day Five: Project Closure
- When things don’t go as planned: managing project creeps
- Correcting time delays
- Effective project closure
- Lesson learned
- Post-project evaluation and Benefit Realisation
- Application of project management concepts
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an R.E.P. has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.