Why Choose This Training Course?
“Project managers are the most creative professionals in the world; we have to figure out everything that could go wrong, before it does”. Project management professionals are increasingly required to make business decisions under pressure in complex, uncertain and highly dynamic situations. This AZTech training course will look at a number of advanced concepts in Project Management and Risk Management that will enable the participants to deal with the ever-changing business environment and to apply a proven systematic approach to the project management process to facilitate effective and efficient achievement of business objectives. Choose this training course if you would like to learn valuable tips, techniques and strategies to assist this process.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding of requirements and project definition
- Preparation of a project plan
- Development of a risk management strategy
- Understanding of project stakeholders
- Applying effective strategies to deliver the project and address typical project issues
This training course is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and promotes the use of language and terminology that project managers speak all over the world.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of project management concepts
- Prepare and execute an effective project plan
- Identify and analyse project risk
- Establish a project control system and monitor progress
- Apply effective strategies to address typical project issues
Who is this Training Course for?
The training course is tailored for all personnel who are exposed to, involved in, or responsible for manging projects considering risk management requirements. It is also most beneficial for senior managers having new or running initiatives for implementing company strategies.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who make or support project decisions and would like to be able to develop and justify effective solutions
- Project management professionals and supporting personnel
- Internal auditors and management accountants
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques are taught through case studies, experiential exercises and practical examples that can be used immediately to improve your project results.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Project Management and Risk Management
- The nature of projects and project management
- Project/program and portfolio management
- Project organization, project life cycle and Stage Gate approach
- Project Initiation
- Scope definition and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Day Two: Project Schedule and Cost Management
- Defining and sequencing project activities
- Schedule Development
- Resource management
- Estimating costs and determining budgets
- The earned value management (EVM) concept
Day Three: Risk Identification and Planning
- Decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- Risk management overview
- Contemporary concepts and standards in risk management
- Risk management planning process
- Risk identification and assessment
- Qualitative risk analysis
Day Four: Risk Response Strategies and Risk Control
- Schedule-Risk and Cost-Risk Analysis
- Risk Response Strategies
- Risk Response Implementation
- Risk monitoring and follow-up
- Risk Reporting
Day Five: Project Execution, Monitoring & Closure
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Managing project communications
- Managing the project team
- Effective project closure
- Lesson learned
- Post-project evaluation and Benefit Realisation
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an A.T.P. (Authorised Training Partner) has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.