Why Choose this Training Course?
There is no doubt that 2020/21 have been challenging years. The pandemic has made every human on earth think differently as to how they will live and behave. Whole business and community cultures have changed right across the world. This Project Management training course focuses on re-emphasizing the importance of traditional processes, tools and techniques but also adapts them for the modern post pandemic world – with or without vaccines! Lessons learned should be understood and a check of our existing plans, with realism, should take place.
Every organisation may be cross examining its own Vision, Mission and Strategy. Some projects therefore may be cancelled, ‘put on the shelf,’ or given the go ahead to proceed based on early, high level conceptual estimates. Estimates will have a level of uncertainty and require more detailed for the cash flow projections and schedule forecasts. In these tough times, workers maybe on site using distancing rules or working from home. Whichever, attention will be on how the project work is progressing, and if the team are working safely and delivering within projections.
This training course will feature:
- Organisation Vision, Mission and Strategy; and how projects start
- The Project Manager’s role, responsibilities, and team
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Risk Management and Baselining
- Monitoring and Control, Evaluation, Reporting, Closure & Hand-over
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how projects originate and get started
- Learn the processes, tools and techniques of project planning with a risk management focus
- Influencing people to deliver what they promise and make your projects successful
- Understand your project team members and enable project teams to be highly productive
- Work towards win-win negotiations in overcoming conflict
- Communicate progress and success
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will be of great value to anyone managing or involved in projects; anyone wanting to get involved in projects, regardless of their professional background or industry.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers / Team Leaders
- Project Technical / Workstream Leaders
- PMO staff
- Project Sponsors / Owners
- Business Functional Management or personnel
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Over five days, this training course is highly interactive and practical. It uses a wide variety of concepts and models to explore effective leadership in projects. Case studies, diagnostic self-assessment questionnaires, role-playing activities and group exercises to give delegates the opportunity to discover, practice and consolidate their learning. Delegates will have the opportunity to assess and discuss the application of the content to their own project and to devise their own personal developmental plan for each aspect of the training course.
The Course Content
Day One – Understanding the Starting Point
- Organisation Vision, Mission & Strategy
- What is a pandemic? What is a project? What is project management?
- Project roles and stakeholders
- How are projects selected?
- Project start up: Initiation and understanding the project mission
Day Two - The Project Manager’s Role, Responsibilities and Team
- Selection of the Project Manager
- Project team building and empowerment
- Delegating with confidence
- Safe communication with the project team
- Safe project team leadership
- Conflict handling
Day Three - Project Planning and Scheduling
- What is project planning?
- What work has to be done?
- In what order will the work be done?
- How long will work take?
- Who do we want to undertake the work, including acceleration techniques?
- What tools can we use to communicate our plans?
Day Four - Risk Management and Baselining
- How much will the project cost?
- Risk Management processes, tools and techniques
- Designing the monitoring and control system using S curves
- Introducing a change control system
- Audits and other types of meetings
Day Five - Monitoring and Control, Evaluation, Reporting, Closure & Hand-over
- The monitoring and control processes - overview
- Understanding Earned Value Management to monitor projects
- Reviewing what has been achieved and reporting progress
- Project hand-over to operations
- Has my project been a success?
- Lessons learned
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected on the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an R.E.P. has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.