Why Choose this Training Course?
This Project Leadership in Action training course will help you develop your own personal leadership style and approach to become highly effective with every action you take or decision you make in leading your projects. It pays special attention to enhancing your ability to leverage personal skills to influence and persuade others to successfully deliver what they promise and therefore contribute to your project’s success. This AZTech training will focus on the skills and methods to be able to negotiate in your customer and supplier relationships, with people over whom you may not have direct control.
The training course explores the project environment and the nature of organizational politics in projects; leadership skills which will promote commitment and high levels of performance from all involved in the project outputs and outcomes; influencing people with power to act appropriately in the project environment; negotiating win-win agreements and resolving conflict.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Analysing and understanding yourself to become the best project leader you can be
- Influencing people to deliver what they promise and make your projects successful
- Enable project teams and team members to be highly productive
- Work towards win-win negotiations in overcoming conflict
- Establish your own personal leadership development strategy
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appraise their own project leadership skills
- Apply a range of concepts to utilize their power and to influence others
- Manage corporate politics at the project level as well as the senior management level
- Apply principles, guidelines and common methods of negotiation on projects
- Select and apply appropriate leadership techniques to enhance the performance of project teams and team members
Who is this Training Course for?
The course will be of great value to anyone managing or involved in projects regardless of their professional background or industry
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Project technical specialists
- Workstream leaders
- Project sponsors / Owners
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Over five days This training course is a highly interactive and practical. It uses a wide variety of concepts and models to explore effective leadership in projects. Case studies, diagnostic self-assessment questionnaires, role-playing activities and group exercises give delegates the opportunity to discover, practice and consolidate their learning. Delegates will have the opportunity to assess and discuss the application of the content to their own project and to devise their own personal developmental plan for each aspect of the course.
The Course Content
Day One: The Project Environment and Organisational Politics
- The nature and challenges of the project environment
- Organisational politics and its impact on projects
- How to promote a project-focused culture
- Identifying and analyzing project stakeholders
- The Need in a project environment for result-based leadership
Day Two: Project Leadership
- Characteristics of an effective project leader
- Project leadership styles and style flexibility
- Applying leadership styles to individual performance management
- Applying leadership styles to team development
- Key project leadership skills: Communication and coaching
Day Three: The Use of Power and Influence in Project Leadership
- How power and influence can create excellence in project leadership
- Identifying and categorizing stakeholders in terms of attitude and power / influence
- Sources of power for the project manager
- Applying power and influence to project teams
- Delegation and empowerment
Day Four: Negotiating Win-win Agreements
- The need for negotiation on projects
- The importance of win-win negotiations
- The project leader as negotiator
- Preparing & Conducting negotiations
- Identifying and managing conflict
Day Five: Project Leadership Development
- Establishing your own leadership style preferences
- Devising a political strategy
- Creating a positive project culture
- Devising a project communication plan
- Establishing negotiation requirements for your project
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an A.T.P. (Authorised Training Partner) has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.