Why Choose this Training Course?
Infrastructure projects by their very nature require substantial capital and offer considerable benefits and risks. It is therefore essential to understand the latest techniques to analyse and finance such projects.
This Project Finance & Financial Analysis Techniques for Infrastructure Projects training course provides you with the essential knowledge and skills to analyse infrastructure projects in order to meet national and Organisational objectives in an effective and sustainable manner.
These skills will be developed through the Analysis of Infrastructure Case Studies relevant to your organisation.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Issues facing government and organisations as they seek to develop their infrastructure, for example Meeting Saudi National Transformation Program and Vision 2030
- The Analysis & Evaluation of Case Studies from various sectors including Energy, Transportation, ICT, Environmental, Social Infrastructure & Public Accommodation
- Knowledge and Skills Development to ensure tangible benefits for your organisation
- The latest International Analytical Tools & Techniques
- The latest methods of Financial Analysis & Evaluation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate Infrastructure Projects to meet National and Organisational Objectives
- Undertake, Technical, Economic, Financial & Risk Analysis
- Forecasting Project Cashflows, Income, Costs & Duration
- Evaluate the Financing of Projects
- Undertake Financial Evaluation of Projects to determine their Financial & Economic Viability and sustainability
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Projects & Process Engineers & Managers
- Finance Managers & Professionals
- Professional at all levels involved in Projects
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
A particular feature of the training course is the Analysis of Infrastructure Case Studies and the illustration of project financing models from different infrastructure sectors including:
- Energy: electricity, oil & natural gas
- Transportation: roads, railways, maritime ports & airports
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Environmental: water, wastewater & solid waste management
- Social Infrastructure & Public Accommodation: schools, hospitals, prisons, housing, & public facilities
The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the training course.
The Course Content
Day One: Infrastructure Projects & Project Finance
- Major Infrastructure Projects
- Selecting Projects to meet National and Organisational Objectives
- What is Project Finance?
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) & Parties to Project Finance Schemes
- The Investment Criteria & The Investment Planning Process
Day Two: Infrastructure Project Appraisal
- Technical, Feasibility & Environmental Analysis
- Economic Analysis & Sustainability
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Cost–Benefit Analysis – Finance V Economic Value Added
Day Three: Estimating Cash Flows - Income; Costs and Activity Duration
- Forecasting Project Cashflows
- PERT – dealing with Uncertainties
- Probabilistic/Statistical Analysis
- Correlation & Regression to estimate costs
- Evaluation & Analysis of Cashflows using Spreadsheet Skills
Day Four: Financing the Project
- The Structure of Project Finance Schemes for Infrastructure Projects
- Equity & Debt Financing
- Recourse & Non-recourse Finance
- Bonds; Guarantees and Letters of Credit
- Calculating the Cost of Finance
Day Five: Financial Analysis & Evaluation
- Return on Equity ROE; Debt Service Coverage Ratios (DSCRs); Governments and Value for Money (VfM)
- Capital Investment Appraisal Techniques - Payback; ARR, NPV, IRR etc.
- Economic NPV & Economic Value Added
- Sensitivity Analysis & Simulation Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- AZTech certificate of completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an A.T.P. (Authorised Training Partner) has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.