Why Choose this Training Course?
This Project Appraisal & Analysis training course in provides you with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively appraise and analyse projects. It provides you with the latest tools and techniques to manage project risks and uncertainties to ensure profit margins and sustainability in uncertain times.
This AZTech training course explores the impact of COVID-19 on the viability and profitability of new and existing projects. Forecasting the potential impact and measures that may be put in place to combat them.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The latest issues facing organisations involved in Project Appraisal & Analysis including the global pandemic
- The Analysis & Evaluation of Practical Case Studies to ensure skills development and transfer to the workplace
- Knowledge and Skills Development to ensure tangible benefits for your organisation
- Leading international Analytical Tools & Techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Undertake, Technical, Economic, Financial & Risk Analysis to select Projects to meet National and Organisational Objectives
- Undertake Financial Analysis using Payback, NPV & IRR
- Identifying & Measuring Risk & Uncertainties – How to cope with an on-going COVID pandemic
- Evaluate and Manage Risks using the latest tools & techniques
- Manage Uncertainties using Decisions Trees, Programming Techniques – Gannt Charts, Network & Critical Path Analysis, Manpower Planning, Contingency Planning & Earned Value Analysis
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Projects & Process Engineers & Managers
- Risk Managers & Professionals
- Professional at all levels involved in Projects
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
A particular feature of the training course is the practical nature of this training course, involving delegates in the practical appraisal and analysis of projects using the latest tools and techniques to ensure skills development.
The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the training course.
The Course Content
Day One: Project Appraisal & Analysis I
- The Investment Criteria & The Investment Planning Process
- Identifying Technical, Logistical & Environmental Risks
- Economic Risk Analysis
- Market Risk Analysis
- Selecting Projects to meet Organisational Objectives in a COVID World
Day Two: Project Appraisal & Analysis II – Financial Analysis
- Estimating Income, Cashflows & Durations
- Identifying Risks from the Projected Cashflow
- Calculating the Cost of Finance – WACC, CAPM & Arbitrage Pricing
- Capital Investment Appraisal Techniques - Payback; ARR, NPV, IRR etc.
- Financial Appraisal using Spreadsheet Skills
Day Three: Project Risk & Uncertainties
- Measuring Risk & Uncertainties - coping with COVID
- Project Constraints
- Balancing Scope, Time, Quality & Cost
- Evaluating the Risks & Uncertainties – Their Likelihood & Impact
- Risk Response Planning & Reporting – Contingency Plans to cope with on-going COVID
Day Four: Risk Management
- The Risk Management Process at various levels of an organization and throughout the Project Life Cycle
- The Project Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Financial Risk Management & Derivatives
- Sensitivity Analysis & Monte Carlo Simulation Analysis
Day Five: Managing Uncertainties
- Decisions Trees to Manage Uncertainties and make Strategic Decisions
- Programming Techniques – Gannt Charts, Network & Critical Path Analysis
- Manpower Planning and Resource Smoothing & Levelling
- Project Contingency Planning
- Earned Value Analysis – Controlling Cost & Schedule Variances
- AZTech certificate of completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an A.T.P. (Authorised Training Partner) has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.