Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly participative training course aims to develop your multi-cultural leadership and management skills in a fun but highly informative learning environment. This is an essential course for anyone working in a diverse and multi-cultural working environment. The skills you will develop in this exciting course will be valuable at both an organisational and individual level. This is a vital course for any manager or leader.
In this Managing & Leading in a Multi-Cultural Workplace training course you will explore the meaning of culture; understand the impact of culture on management and leadership; identify the areas in which cultural differences present a challenge in managing and leading employees in a multi-cultural workplace; and finally, to become more self-aware and develop your Cultural Intelligence (CI).
This training course will feature:
- Strategies for improving your cross-cultural communication
- Best-practice in diversity management & multi-cultural communication
- Current business issues related to managing & leading in a multi-cultural workplace
- Ways to ensure success and limit failure with expatriate assignments
- Leading and managing cross-functional and diverse teams
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Improve their Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Explain the meaning of each of the five cultural value dimensions
- Illustrate examples of stereotypes and stereotyping
- Formulate a business case for cultural diversity in the workplace
- Describe ways to improve the management of cross-functional teams
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All supervisors, Middle Managers, Department Heads and Team Leaders
- Senior Managers in multi-cultural or global organisations
- Expatriates working on global assignments or those who manage expatriates
- Human Resource (HR) Professional including HR Business Partners
- All staff interested in developing multi-cultural skills
- Anyone who wishes to improve their Cultural Intelligence (CI)
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will be many practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience course-related activities. Fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Culture
- The meaning of culture
- Understanding your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- The seven most prominent levels of culture
- Hofstede’s value dimensions
- Understanding globalisation
Day Two: The Psychology of Culture
- Cross-cultural communication
- Stereotypes and stereotyping
- Motivation and culture
- Body-language and culture
- Cross-cultural negotiation
Day Three: Leadership in a Global Organisation
- Transformational & transactional management
- Developing a global mindset
- Managing in multi-national companies
- Multi-cultural teams
- Culture and decision-making
Day Four: Managing Diverse Teams
- The business case for cultural diversity
- Managing cross-functional teams
- People skills for effective cross-functional management
- Multi-national team management
- Establishing Nationalisation programmes
Day Five: Current Issues in International Business
- Innovation and culture
- Why international assignments fail
- Culture shock and global working
- International Human Resource issues
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course