Why Choose this Training Course?
By attending this highly interactive and challenging training course, managers and leaders will gain insights into the complex subject of ‘strategy’. The link between effective leadership and organisational strategy is crucial. Failing to plan results in confusion and poor decision-making. Before planning, leaders must determine the outcomes they seek and share their vision across the organisation, to maximise commitment to action. Only by galvanizing the workforce, being clear about the aims and making best use of resources, can organisations beat the competition and achieve their objectives.
Attendance at this AZTech training course offers delegates the opportunity to develop their leadership skills, gain expertise in strategy and learn to communicate more effectively with their people. By enhancing their skills, leaders and emergent leaders will achieve much better outcomes for themselves and their organisation.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The importance of strategic thinking to deliver business success
- The need for a systematic approach to strategy formulation & implementation
- Use of appropriate measurement to track performance and inform future strategy
- Communicating effectively throughout the organisation to maximise performance
- Key leadership competencies for the 21st Century: Strategic and Agile thinking
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the impact of leaders on strategy and strategy on leaders
- Develop strategies and plans, utilising strategic and analytical tools
- Understand the importance of innovation in the strategy process
- Develop leadership skills: Influencing and communicating effectively
- Select measurements to track, inform and support decision-making
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals wanting to gain leadership capabilities
- Professionals who need strategic thinking skills
- Professionals wanting a refresher in leadership and strategy
- Professionals with aspirations to become senior leaders
- Heads of department and project leads
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes the use of presentations, discussions, group work, videos and exercises guided by the tutor who will facilitate the learning process.
The Course Content
Day One: Strategic Challenges Faced by Leaders
- Strategy Development and Strategic Planning
- Understanding Stakeholder Interests – Achieving Consensus
- Using popular strategy tools: Understanding their limits
- Life cycles: Business, Product, Market
- Understanding the business environment
- Achieving business sustainability, the value chain
Day Two: New Approaches to Strategy Development
- Strategizing is a process
- Strategy Tools: Imagining possible futures
- How different CEO’s apply analytical tools
- Zooming in, zooming out: Enough detail but not too much
- Innovation: Red & Blue oceans
- Innovation: Dealing with success and failure
Day Three: Strategic Leaders: Influence and Communication
- Vision, Mission and Values – just words?
- Culture, Power, Influence
- Communicating with 3rd parties
- Communicating internally
- Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating
- Virtual communications
Day Four: What you Measure is What you Get
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Strategy maps
- Priorities and Critical Success
- How measurements impact actions
- Extrapolating and forecasting
- Turning measures into information
Day Five: Personal Challenge - Plan to Act
- Adair’s Action Centred Leadership
- Motivating individuals, teams & organisations
- Different levels of engagement
- How does team leadership differ?
- Team exercise
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course