Why Choose this Training Course?
International marketing is important for most companies because business has become globalized. Globalization is the growing interdependence of national economies- involving primarily customers, producers, suppliers and governments in different markets.
International marketing reflects the trend of firms selling and distributing products and services in many countries around the world. International marketing (which takes place all around us every day) offers new opportunities and challenges and has a major effect on our lives.
For many years, the globalization of markets, caused by the convergence of tastes across borders, was thought to result in very large multinational enterprises that could use their advantage in scale economies to introduce world-standardized products successfully. However, the bigger and more open the world economy becomes, the more small and middle sized companies will dominate.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to start or improve the process of expanding business abroad
- The different forms of market entry: exporting, licensing, franchising, foreign direct investment, joint-ventures, strategic alliances
- How to deal with different types of risks (political risk, ownership risk, operating risk, transfer risk)
- The difference between standardization versus adaptation of products and services
- How to adapt pricing policies, distribution and promotion in foreign markets
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course participants will be able to:
- Select the proper entry mode of how to start foreign operations
- Identify the cultural differences of foreign markets
- Determine what foreign countries are the most attractive markets for international expansion
- Understand the various risk elements that international business entails
- Develop a strategic plan to enter foreign markets
Who is this Training Course for?
This marketing training course in Dubai will equip participants with the know- how to start foreign operations and/or to deal with foreign business partners and joint ventures.
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
Executives, marketing-and sales managers, strategic planners, operational managers who are responsible for foreign subsidiaries/ joint-ventures or will be asked by their companies to set up operations abroad.
Training course attendees could come from different functions or departments.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This marketing training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes lectures and presentations, case studies on real company cases and practical exercises to apply knowledge.
The Course Content
Day One: The International Environment
- The importance of world trade; Global linkages
- Opportunities and challenges in International Marketing
- Trade barriers
- The role of culture ; customs, language, values and attitudes;
- The economic environment of key emerging markets
- The political and legal environment; different types of political risk
Day Two: How to Find Global Customers
- Consumer, industrial and government markets
- Strategic planning; Globalization drivers (market, cost, environmental, competitive factors)
- The strategic planning process; formulating global marketing strategy
- Global market segmentation
- Developing and implementing the global marketing program
- Analyzing people and markets; secondary and primary information
Day Three: Market Entry and Expansion
- Proactive and reactive stimuli; Export management
- Licensing; Advantages and disadvantages
- Foreign direct investment
- Joint ventures and Strategic alliances
- Mergers, acquisitions
Day Four: The Global Marketing Mix
- Standardisation versus adaptation; product characteristics; product management & global brands
- Global marketing of services
- Advertising, promotion; brand strategy
- Cross cultural sales negotiations
- Pricing strategies and tactics
- Global distribution
Day Five: International Human Resource Management
- International managerial staffing needs
- Leadership in international business
- Personality differences across cultures
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- Performance appraisal and compensation
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course