An intensive professional development training course on
Governance and Anti Corruption
Why Choose this Training Course?
Corruption and misgovernance are leading causes of business failure, conflict and weaknesses. They undermine the ability of an organization to provide effective services and maintain the rule of law, affect the business environment, and hinder sustainable economic and social development. Moreover, international studies have repeatedly shown that corruption and misgovernance in business behavior might lead to marginalization and many other unethical conducts.
This Governance and Anti-Corruption training course examines the various factors of corruption and their impact on business development. Discuss approaches to addressing these causes and learn about international initiatives, laws and conventions. In addition, it focuses on integrity policies that can prevent corruption and misgovernance by fostering a culture of integrity in the institutions and providing employees with assurance that their employer is acting in their best interests.
In addition, this AZTech training course includes and discusses various related standards such as codes of conduct and whistleblower regulations. Moreover, it exchanges experiences from the world of work in a workshop on the integrity dilemma. It trains on managing the organization's bribery and corruption risks more effectively. It Includes examination of the global anti-corruption frameworks and identification of key anti-corruption controls to mitigate risk, and review and assessment of fundamental areas including PEPs, third parties, and assessment of geographic and sectoral risks.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The cross-cutting nature of corruption and its impact on business, economic development and the rule of law
- Corruption vulnerabilities in governance bodies and processes
- Innovative tools for integrity and anti-corruption and analyze how these tools can be used in your organization/country
- Developing and implementing integrity and anti-corruption policies and programs to achieve sustainable and equitable corporate development
- Learning from experts' experiences and growing your professional network in the field of integrity and anti-corruption
- Gaining insight into their critical role in promoting integrity and fighting corruption
- Identifying the various challenges the COVID-19 pandemic poses to preventing corruption and promoting integrity, and look for ways to address these challenges
What are the Goals?
Corruption and governance have been hot topics in recent years and have been in the spotlight. This AZTech trainingcourse is a well-established and detailed overview of the key principles of anti-corruption and good governance. Individuals and teams can raise anti-corruption awareness in the five days of this course by learning the following:
- Understanding corruption
- Modus operandi of corruption
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Anti-corruption law
- High risk countries, industries and customers
- Future trends and the rise of anti-corruption experts
- A holistic approach to reducing the risk of corruption
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anti-Corruption Officers/Analysts
- Anti-Corruption Compliance Staff Members
- Compliance Officer/Manager
- Compliance Analyst
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer - MLRO
- Audit Managers
- Risk Managers
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Cyber Security Officers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This course about ‘Governance and Anti-Corruption’ is structured upon instructions on the latest developments in Anti-Corruption which is combined with real-world case studies, video adaptations, self-assessments, participatory discussions, and many exercises to make the course a stimulating and enriching learning experience.
The Course Content
Day One: Overview of Governance and Anti-corruption
- Definitions of governance and anti-corruption
- measurement of governance and anti-corruption
- Anti-corruption initiatives
- Anti-corruption strategies
- Anti-corruption bodies
- Codes of conduct and accountability
Day Two: International Anticorruption Performance
- International collaboration
- UN Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC)
- US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- UNOCD Legislative Guide
- OECD Anti-bribery Convention
- Inter-American Convention Against Corruption
- Multilateral and bilateral curricula
Day Three: Public Sector Performance
- Transparency in procurement
- Financial regulatory mechanisms
- Government ethics and integrity
- Government oversight
Day Four: Private Sector Problems and Performance
- Role of accounting
- Codes of ethics
- Issues of financial integrity
- Maintaining financial integrity
Day Five: Civil Society Performance
- Roles and activities of Transparency International
- The right to information
- S. Freedom of Information Act
- The role of stakeholders: judges, civil society, parliamentarians, NGOs and media
- Non-biased media
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.