Why Choose this Training Course?
In a rapidly changing economic environment it is not only necessary to have skilled Procurement professionals, but to ensure that the organisation can implement appropriate strategies through the application of clear purchasing policies and processes and can measure performance with relevant Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
This AZTech training course will guide the participants through the development of appropriate procurement strategies, to creating the clear and measurable processes that will allow them to ensure that strategies are successfully implemented.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to develop a strategic view of Procurement for their organisation
- How to choose the appropriate SLAs and KPIs
- How to formulate winning policies for procurement
- How to maximise return on procurement with cross functional policy application
- How to write policies and procedures that are clear and implementable
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Define the strategic goals of the organisation
- Identify the requirements of cross-functional stakeholders
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures
- Select the appropriate sourcing routes for all types of purchase
- Minimise contractual disputes and uncontrolled spending.
- Create a balanced scorecard of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Measure performance against key performance measures and SLAs
- Draft clear, concise, actionable policies and procedures
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals working in Procurement, Purchasing or Buying
- Buyers in Public, military and government organisations
- Buyers working for private companies
- Managers of Purchasing sections
- Project personnel working with contractors
- Purchasing Managers in business, government and the military
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Participants on this AZTech training course will learn by active participation through the use of course materials, exercises, role playing, video presentations and discussions on “real life” issues in their own and each other’s organizations.
The Course Content
Day One: Procurement Strategy in the Organisation
- Role of Procurement in the organisation
- Public and private procurement strategies
- Strategic Objectives
- Segmenting the procurement spend
- Best practices
- Alignment with stakeholders where do problems come from and are they avoidable?
Day Two: Procurement Choices and Approaches
- Single/Sole or multiple suppliers
- Appropriate procurement routes – tenders, negotiations, sole source
- Managing low value spends
- Supplier Selection processes
- Supplier Development
- National/Local supplier preference
- Partnership and Alliance relationships
Day Three: Policies and Procedures
- Ethics and Legal compliance
- National and International sourcing
- Electronic procurement options
- Blacklisting process
- Signing levels and approvals
- Commercial Risk Appetite
- Audit and inspection
- Process development
Day Four: Developing KPIs and SLAs
- Purpose of KPIs
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Using KPIs for continual improvement
- Buying Services compared to buying goods
- Role of SLAs
- Typical contents of SLAs
- Measuring internal and external performance
Day Five: Implementing Policies and Procedures
- Drafting clear policy statements
- Action words for clarity
- Allocating responsibility
- Writing clearly and well
- Accreditation of processes to International Standards
- Planning for implementation
- Personal Action plans
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course