Why Choose this Training Course?
This Third-Party Logistics (3PL), Warehouse, Transportation and Supply Chain Management training course focuses on the sustainability of an organization which has been gaining momentum over the last decade. It is a topic that has reached the Executive Board in companies across the Globe.
A simplified explanation of Logistics and Supply Chain sustainability revolves around an organization’s Supply Chain’s efforts in the area of environment, waste and risk assessment and improvement.
This AZTech Third Party Logistics (3PL), Warehouse, Transportation and Supply Chain Management training course is aimed at both suppliers and buyers who need an overview of the key drivers involved when viewing supply chains from a logistics / demand point of view and appreciate what logistics and supply chain management are fundamentally about.
The AZTech training course will feature:
- Apply key techniques to control lead time in the movement of goods and materials to customers and users
- Find the right cost and service balance
- Use practical skills to take back to the workplace to change current methods
- Work better with all supply chain players
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will have a full understanding of the basic activities employed in supply chain operations. More specifically, participants will:
- Gather new insights into developing logistics and supply chain to achieve competitive advantage
- Have an increased understanding of the impact of logistics and supply chain management on costs and financial performance
- Implement successful cooperation with supply chain partners including third party logistics.
- Appreciation of approaches and frameworks that can be applied to different market segments
- Review of the latest thinking on supply chain strategy, planning and execution
- Understand the different techniques to manage and optimize the warehouse
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Employees and Managers working in
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Materials Management
- Distribution and Logistics
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training methodology for this course depends on 3 parameters:
- Increase learners’ supply chain operations knowledge by explaining the latest global trends.
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge with real-life examples and case studies. This helps learners link their day-to-day problems with the academic material.
- Diversify the learning process to foster the course concepts through real interactive, fun and hands-on business exercises. Learning process includes: Presentations, case studies, business cases, learning games, videos, group discussions, and storytelling. This ensures that the learners have fully understood the concepts.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Logistics and Supply Chain
- Definitions of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- History and the Development
- Understanding the Supply Chain Dynamics
- The Power of Supply Chain
- International and Global Logistics
- The Theory of Constraints (TOC)
Day Two: Logistics & Warehouse Management
- Logistics Management
- Warehouse Cost & Types
- Warehouse Activities & Operations
- Warehouse Location & Layout
- Warehouse Resources & Equipment
- Warehouse Technologies
- Warehouse Safety Procedures
Day Three: Transportation Economics
- The Role of Transportation in Logistics
- Management Key Decisions
- Types of Mode or Intermodal System
- Incoterms in Transportation and the Liabilities
- Documentation in Transportation
- Hazardous Materials Handling & Transportation
- Packaging Principles
Day Four: Third Party Logistics (3PL) Management
- Types of Logistics Partners
- Why 3PL?
- Selecting 3PL
- Advantages & Disadvantages of 3PL
- Evaluating 3PL Performance
- 3PL Technologies & Trends
Day Five: Contracting & Negotiation
- Suppliers and Service Providers Selections
- Single sourcing vs. Multi sourcing
- Building effective relationships with stakeholders
- Purchasing Process
- Negotiation Process
- Creating a “Win-win” strategy
- Contracts Management
- Measuring Suppliers and the Purchasing Performance
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course