An intensive professional development training course on
& Response Action
Avoiding Harm from Chemical Spills
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Chemical Spills, Safety Precautions & Response Action training course facilitates delegates recognizing the risks associated with a release, provide you with the basic procedures for preventing a release and enables you to know about incident and emergency plans, and understand the correct actions for responding to accidental releases or spills of hazardous materials.
When used properly chemicals are an integral and beneficial part of modern life, but when operational faults arise, or equipment failures occur, we may be faced with a chemical spill. Many of the chemicals we encounter can cause serious harm and environmental damage. In some cases, exposure to them can be fatal. Chemical spill awareness is therefore essential in the work place and this Chemical Spills, Safety Precautions & Response Action training course reinforces that the best way to avoid chemical spills is to prevent them occurring and also teaches you response techniques if the loss of containment does occur.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding hazards of chemicals
- Basic information on acting safely when chemical releases and potential releases require appropriate action
- How to control a spill using a spill kit
- Selecting personal protective clothing and other response equipment.
- Incident Response Plans
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic terms associated with chemical releases and explain the terms “containment” and “confinement”
- Recognize where spills are likely to occur and develop work practices that can prevent spills from occurring
- Define the goals of spill control
- Identify procedures and actions to take when discovering or responding to a spill of hazardous materials or waste
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of personnel in incidents and emergency situations
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is for Management, Supervisors and Employees who use chemicals, produce chemicals, come into contact with chemicals, or sell chemicals as part of their daily working life and who all need to be aware of the correct safe procedure to react to a chemical spill effectively and will all benefit from this training course.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Plant/Operations Personnel & Managers, Shift Supervisors & Shift Team Leaders
- Laboratory Personnel
- Emergency Incident Wardens
- Those who may be required to respond to workplace incidents of a possible or actual release of a chemical
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a combination of lecture, video, case studies, group discussion and participation in group/individual workshop session activities. Delegates are encouraged to bring specific experiences and issues they are facing to the session for group discussion.
The Course Content
Day One: Hazardous Chemicals
- Hazardous materials
- Identification of hazards
- Examples of Different sorts of spills
Day Two: Spill Prevention and Control
- Work practices that can prevent spills from occurring
- Incidents and types of emergency situations
- The goals of spill control
- Responder’s safety
- Spill Response and Clean-up Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Day Three: Developing a Spill Response Plan
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Risk Assessment
- On-site Emergency Plans
- Training, Exercises & Drills
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel
- Off-site Emergency Plans
Day Four: Evacuation, Spill Control Materials and Kit
- Identify additional resources for information on spill response procedures.
- Missing Persons
- Environmental philosophy
- Incident reporting & Communication
- Recommended Spill Control Materials Inventory & Locations
Day Five: Clean-up & First Aid
- Classic case studies
- Specific Procedures
- Doing it wrong/doing it right
- First Aid
- Course Review
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.