Why Choose this Training Course?
The Certificate in Organisational Development & Change training Course is a unique programme that provides a theoretical background, guidelines on best practices, and skills development in Organisational Development (OD) processes, all from a psychological perspective. OD is a ‘planned and systematic approach to enabling sustained organisation performance through the involvement of its people.’ Organisational development (OD) focuses on making sure an organisation has the right future workforce to achieve its strategic ambitions.
This popular Certificate in Organisational Development & Change training course will enable you to expand your ‘toolbox’ of methods to accelerate change in your business. You will have the opportunity to practice in a safe learning environment; a range of tried and tested methods that will assist you in attaining more of what you want more often and be viewed by others as an OD Change Specialist.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Changing behavioural norms and cultural attitudes
- Building workforce support for the new structures
- Creating new ways of working to achieve the organisation’s objectives
- Applying best practices to achieve organisational effectiveness
- Attracting, retaining, and developing competent people
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and develop critical skills needed for Organisational Development (OD)
- Learn how to effectively Lead Change
- Understand the contribution of psychology to HRM
- To develop skills related to data collection and analysis
- To apply OD across cultures
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone wanting to develop their skills in the area of OD and Change Leadership
- Human Resource Managers and HR Directors
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers involved in Change
- Learning & Development Professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a combination of interactive activities which enable skills application. Learning is often at its most powerful when applying skills and learning from others. In addition, there are case studies, and discussions - along with formal delivery of the latest theory and thinking.
This training course is presented in a highly interactive presentation style. Individual and group activities will intersperse the sessions. DVD presentations will highlight the major teaching features. A variety of Practical Sessions, Role Plays, and group inter-action are programmed into this Course.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Organisational Development & Change
- The Psychology of Work
- History of OD
- Maslow and Hertzberg & The Hawthorne effect
- Putting OD into practice
- Change Management or Change Leadership?
Day Two: Organisational Change Leadership
- The key drivers of change
- Defining the scale of organisational change
- Approaches to Organisational Change
- Change at the individual, team, and organisational level
- The five psychological phases of change and their effective management
Day Three: Understanding Organisation & Groups
- The development of the modern organisation
- Organisational Structures
- The psychology of the group and group dynamics
- Groups versus Teams
- The development of the Team
Day Four: Practical OD Methodology & Human Resource Issues
- Data collection and analysis
- The goals of data collection & research methods
- Diagnostic tools (SWOT, PESTEL, Force Field Analysis)
- Attracting, retaining, and developing your people
- Talent & succession management
Day Five: OD Across Cultures
- Introducing culture and Hofstede’s models
- The impact and limitations of Western thought
- Individualism Vs. Collectivism
- How different attitudes and belief systems affect work
- Identifying OD practices that may be culture-bound
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course