Why Choose this Training Course?
Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS) is an emerging technology that aims to mitigate carbon dioxide emissions from various industrial processes, including power generation, oil and gas production, and manufacturing. This 5-day course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of CCUS technologies, including carbon capture, carbon utilization, and carbon storage. The course will cover the technical, economic, and environmental aspects of CCUS, as well as the regulatory and policy frameworks governing CCUS projects.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of CCUS technology, including carbon capture, carbon utilization, and carbon storage.
- Learn about the different types of carbon capture technologies, including post-combustion capture, pre-combustion capture, and oxyfuel combustion.
- Gain an understanding of the different types of carbon storage technologies, including geological storage, ocean storage, and mineral carbonation.
- Learn how to evaluate the economic viability of CCUS projects, including project costs, revenue streams, and government incentives.
- Understand the regulatory and policy frameworks governing CCUS projects, including permits, carbon credits, and tax incentives.
- Learn about the latest developments and trends in CCUS technology, including research and development initiatives, demonstration projects, and commercial deployments.
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Engineers, scientists, and researchers working in the energy, chemical, and manufacturing sectors.
- Policy makers and regulators responsible for developing and implementing CCUS policies and regulations.
- Investors and financiers interested in funding CCUS projects.
- Environmental and social stakeholders interested in the environmental and social impacts of CCUS projects.
- Anyone else interested in gaining a comprehensive understanding of CCUS technology and its applications.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will include an interactive mixture of lecture-led learning & group discussions.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to CCUS Technology
- Fundamentals of carbon capture, utilization, and storage
- Overview of CCUS applications and technologies
- CCUS value chain and project development
Day Two: Carbon Capture Technologies
- Post-combustion capture
- Pre-combustion capture
- Oxyfuel combustion
Day Three: Carbon Storage Technologies
- Geological storage
- Ocean storage
- Mineral carbonation
Day Four: Economic and Regulatory Frameworks for CCUS
- Economic considerations for CCUS projects
- Regulatory frameworks for CCUS projects
- Carbon credits and carbon trading
Day Five: Future Developments and Trends in CCUS
- Research and development initiatives in CCUS
- Demonstration projects and commercial deployments
- Environmental and social considerations for CCUS projects
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course