Why Choose this Training Course?
To be effective modern managers must keep up to date with current global trends, embrace the development of new information and communication technologies, and practice direct communication with their employees, customers and stakeholders. Managers responsible for a team know that the one of their most important tasks is to motivate their subordinates: - to inspire, inform and engage with them and when required, persuade them to take action. With the availability of information now accessible through online technology, managers presenting face-to-face and online require even greater skills to hold the interest and attention of their frequently multicultural audiences. Effective leaders and managers know that their presentation skills are critical to the success of any group endeavour.
Powerful presentation demands more than confidence and good content. It requires the presenter to truly relate and engage with all of their audience. Presenting to knowledgeable and experienced audiences goes way beyond knowing the mechanics of slides or an online platform. It requires developing an enhanced psychological and emotional awareness that facilitates an experience of trust, being known and understood.
In this Advanced Presentation Skills Using NLP and Enneagram training course, participants will be guided on a journey that will broaden understanding of personality and communication styles. It will provide the tools to reach and inspire team members, stakeholders and customers.
The knowledge and skills gained will increase the ability to design and deliver dynamic presentations, benefiting the audience, the organisation and presenter alike.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Developing your natural authority and confidence in presenting to groups and individuals
- Practicing advanced linguistic communication methods to convey simple and complex ideas.
- Increasing ownership and engagement in an audience
- Building stronger strategic and social relationships through greater understanding of others
- Experiencing a greater sense of meaning and control when presenting to peers, subordinates, managers and customers
- Responding positively when interacting with challenging people and situations, reducing misunderstanding and resolving conflict
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key principles, skills and practices of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and how to apply them to ensure a presentation is meaningful, memorable and enjoyable.
- Utilise Enneagram to recognise the unique strengths, challenges and desires of your audience.
- Build on participant’s existing communication skills to enable greater clarity, cooperation, trust and rapport with their audience.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Subject Matter Experts
- Those who are responsible for getting their message across, imparting know-how building capability, strengthening consensus and agreement and moving an audience to take action
- This includes professionals in management, sales, marketing, public relations, education, therapy, gender relations, military, politics, special services, sports, and of course learning and development (L& D) who are responsible for the individual ‘s personal and professional development
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This stimulating and enjoyable training course utilises a variety of proven learning techniques, drawn from NLP, to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Learning methods will include, presentation of theory, discussion, experiential learning, skills practice exercises, case study review and syndicate group work.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction and Understanding Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Discussing and setting personal learning objectives for the programme
- Understanding the nature of comfort zones and the benefits of moving outside of them
- A brief history of NLP and how its theory and practice can assist in personal and professional development.
- Introduction to core NLP techniques for perfecting presentation skills, including, Modelling and Representational systems
- Learning the art of Rapport building and reframing to create trust and cooperation
Day Two: Understanding and Utilising the Enneagram
- A brief history of the Enneagram as a personality system
- Introduction to core Enneagram types and patterns
- The nine fundamental maps of personality types
- Identifying your basic personality type
- Recognising how levels of development influence expression of personality
- Understanding dominant emotions and deepening self-knowledge through self-discovery
Day Three: Core Connection Stances
- Connecting with key values and demonstrating and outcome focus, non-judgement and an attitude of genuine service
- Connecting with your audience through developing sensory awareness, encouraging participation and appealing to different learning styles
- Communicating with different personality types, using motivation and simple language patterns which appeal to people’s values to gain and keep attention
- Creating and maintaining a great presenting state whilst utilizing body language, gesturing and facial expressions
- Using your voice, varying tone, rhythm and volume to connect and engage
- Anchoring positive resource states in your audience
Day Four: Influencing with Integrity
- Calibrating with the physical and emotional states in those you are presenting to.
- Using metaphors, stories, anecdotes, examples and analogies to make ideas and data stick, unlock imagination and find common solutions.
- Working the group using presenter behaviour to ‘match, pace and lead’.
- Building a positive response to your messages by opening minds, resolving sticking points and barriers
- How to keep control and manage challenging situations through using embedded commands and presuppositions to influence behaviour
Day Five: Bringing it All Together
- Structuring the presentation with rehearsal exercises to prepare for forthcoming participant questions and requirements.
- Practical ways to involve your audience and draw the most out of questions
- Techniques to regain control from people who change the subject or take the topic off-track
- Simple ways to make your key ideas memorable
- Review of learning – consolidation, coaching and reinforcement
- Action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course