An intensive professional development training course on
Accounting & Finance
Policies & Procedures
Why Choose this Training Course?
The most efficient way to establish company-wide effective internal control tools in any firm is through accounting and finance policies and procedures. Furthermore, accounting and finance rules and procedures are necessary for the board of directors and senior management to express the constraints and authorities delegated to various managers and staff within the firm.
The participants in this training course will be encouraged to create and implement operational policies and procedures using risk-based methods. They will learn to assign tasks to different individuals based on effective job separation and to use software to properly apply controls. This Accounting & Finance Policies & Procedures training course also includes examples of financial statements prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting System (IFRS).
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding business cycles
- Creating policies and processes
- Putting financial policies into action
- Planning accounting processes
- Task separation for employees
- Setting up internal controls
- Adherence to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Create comprehensive policies and procedures to streamline accounting for assets
- Develop policies and procedures for liabilities
- Plan the required resources for the department
- Apply accounting concepts and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Set the chart of accounts in detail to suit the business model
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Financial Accountants
- Receivables and Payables Team Members
- Planning and Budgeting Managers
- Corporate Reporting and Investor Relations Staff
- Investment Analysts
- Procurement Team Members
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes various exercises and case studies to provide practical application of the tools and techniques. A wide range of key topics will be discussed – and tips and proven techniques will be shared to enable the process to be challenged and the service optimised – so that senior management’s expectations are exceeded.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Accounting Principles and their Implications
- Key Accounting assumptions
- Accrual vs. cash basis
- Going Concern
- Assets, liabilities & Equity
- Revenues and expense concepts
- Accounting chart
Day Two: Setting Up Accounting and Finance Department: Policies & Manual
- The need for proper planning in the reporting process
- Human Resource Planning
- Cost Centers and Accounts
- Process Mapping Chart and measurement accuracy
- Manual purpose and structure
- Financial authorities and duties
Day Three: Assets Policies
- Clients’ approval process
- Invoicing: Collections & Allowance for uncollected receivables
- Production and inventory processing
- Assets capitalization costs
- Depreciation, depletion and amortization (DDA)
- Impairment procedure
Day Four: Liabilities Policies
- Approval of supplies
- Receiving invoices and accounting for inventory
- Accrual policies
- Processing of payment orders
- Dividends payable
Day Five: Other Accounting Policies and Reporting
- Notes receivable and payable
- reporting for Payroll
- Budgeting policies
- Financial statement reporting process
- Essentials of Financial analysis
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.