Why Choose this Training Course?
The amount of financial data we are required to process is increasing day-by-day. Are your period-end accounting close procedures adequate and up-to-date? They probably are not. Over the past 10 years or so the speed with which we carry out the period-end accounts closing process has become a powerful KPI of management performance and is an indicator of management’s ability to execute its strategic plans, and good corporate governance. This has encouraged the implementation of Fast Close or Record to Report (R2R) initiatives by increasing numbers of organisations on a global basis.
This Fast Closing Month-End & Year-End Accounts training course provides a comprehensive analysis of Fast Close, which is the ability of organisations to rapidly close their period-end accounts, collate all information for financial reporting, and then consolidate and publish accurate and reliable financial statements. The implementation of Fast Close by many modern, global organisations has provided a large range of benefits. These include being able to meet strict stock exchange regulations, produce more timely information for strategic decisions, reduce costs, and gain more time for review of the financial statements before they are published to reduce errors, and prevent strategic information being made available to competitors.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Different types of fast close and their benefits
- Development of the fast close process and identification of roadblocks
- Change management and technological issues of fast close
- Measuring and benchmarking the fast close process
- Financial reporting issues including IFRS disclosure requirements
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify fast close processes, strategies and best practices
- Consider organisational policies, procedures, and documentation related to fast close
- Appreciate the importance of the fast-close process on financial and operational decision-making
- Provide faster and more accurate data for month-end and year-end accounts closing
- Consider the departmental requirements for financial reporting
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All accounting professionals involved in the preparation of financial statements
- Financial controllers, finance managers, financial systems analysts, senior accountants, financial accountants, management accountants, general ledger accountants, assistant accountants, accounts receivable accountants, accounts payable accountants, payroll accountants
- Decision-makers who rely on timely and accurate financial information
- Operations, logistics, and procurement professionals
- Professionals who have responsibility and accountability for financial performance and the integrity of financial and information systems.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course is interactive and challenges one to think. It is presented in a very user-friendly way to suit individuals with varying levels of financial knowledge and business experience. Discussion of current issues, policies and procedures, together with formal presentations, numerous worked examples, interactive team case studies and exercises, and videos reinforce the application of each of the learning points and topics covered. The Instructor’s own commercial and industrial experience plus many other real-world business scenarios are shared throughout this course to reinforce the use of the various tools and techniques.
Our aim is to make this seminar an enjoyable learning experience.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Fast Close Concepts
- Different types and benefits
- Steps needed to achieve a fast close
- Analysing and reviewing the current closing process
- Redesigning the closing cycle
- Finance function stakeholders, redesign and solutions
Day Two: Developing A Fast Close Strategy
- Examining closing activities and requirements
- Best practices in attaining fast close, soft close and virtual close
- Optimising charts of accounts and journal entry requirements
- Organising corporate resources to achieve fast close
- Identifying potential roadblocks
Day Three: Managing Change and Utilising Technology
- Standardisation, customisation and centralisation
- Reviewing paradigms and the difficulties of effecting changes
- Force field analysis
- Change management exercises
- Using technology to improve organisational re-design
Day Four: Operational Implementation of a Fast Close
- Examining the pre-close and fast close processes
- Adopting benchmark and other measurement standards
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Documenting fast close processes incorporating the utilisation of checklists
- Analytical case study
Day Five: Financial Reporting and Ongoing Improvements to the Closing Process
- Design and implementation of controls needed for financial reporting
- Improving the closing process and adopting improvement measurements
- Identifying management reporting criteria
- Summary of the course
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course