Why Choose this Training Course?
The layout diagrams are foundational to the maintenance and modification of the process that it graphically represents. At the design stage, the diagram also provides the basis for the development of system control schemes, like Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP). For processing facilities, it is a layout graphic representation of key piping and instrument details, control and shutdown schemes, safety, and regulatory requirements and basic start up and operational information.
The facility drawing is a good tool for planning any maintenance, identify the risk, perform good planning on graph first, plan the valves positions for any maintenance work or modification. With the drawing and diagram the company staff can face any emergency professionally by early planning and set the action safe plan. This AZTech training course will familiarize participants with all aspects of process plant major equipment and piping systems.
This training course will feature:
- Process facilities equipment
- Piping connection to process equipment (tanks, vessels, pumps, compressors)
- Pipe, Piping components and joints
- The importance of P&ID and PFD
- Piping standard
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Layout setup and design requirements of piping systems
- Perform / Read Process plant design and layout design
- Layout planning and procedures
- Identify Process equipment - sizing and design methodologies and considerations
- Recognize Equipment piping layout considerations and best practice
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is design for all staff involved in piping arrangement and process equipment’s linked to that piping layout, including and not limited for piping layout inventors, managers, process engineers, piping analyst, even for new engineer want to improve their competences
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Pipelines lay out designers
- Piping Engineers and Fabricators
- Process engineer and supervisor
- Project Engineers
- Operation & maintenance engineers and supervisors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes formal lectures with interactive examples and discussion using the piping layout principles and requirements. The presentation will also include several illustrative and instructive drawings. The emphasis in this AZTech training course will be on the explanation of all technical points and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday piping layout or the way joint to process equipment. One of the powerful tools in attending this AZTech training course is having an active discussion and sharing of professional experiences which will help solidify the gained knowledge.
The Course Content
Day One: Piping and Fitting
- Pipe and tube
- Nominal pipe size (NPS)
- Piping standards (B31.1 & API 5l)
- Pipe, piping components and fitting (Flange, gasket and Bolting)
- Methods of joining and Pipe Supports
- Valves and valves connection
Day Two: Overview of Process Plant Piping System Design
- Piping System
- Piping Fundamentals
- ASME B31.3
- System design
- Equipment Nozzle Load Design Considerations
Day Three: Process Equipment
- Equipment Used in Process Plants
- Process equipment - reactors, towers, Exchangers, vessels
- Mechanical equipment - pumps, Compressors, turbines
- Equipment drawings, Vendor drawings
- Nozzle specifications,
- Equipment foundations and supports
Day Four: P&ID Piping and Instrument Diagram
- P&ID symbols and notations
- Function and purpose of P&IDs
- When to use P&IDs and who uses them
- What is P&IDs all about?
- P&ID support documents
- (P&ID) include and not include
Day Five: Process Flow Diagram PFDs
- Process flow diagram
- Process flow diagram symbols
- Process equipment specification
- Trace Product Flow Through the Process
- Understanding Schematics electrical
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course