Why Choose this Training Course?
This Director as a Strategic Leader training course provides the opportunity to develop and enhance both the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills needed for strategic leadership.
Developing top leaders is an art not a science. Leaders must inspire and motivate, whilst also having the long sighted abilities to create Visions and set organisational direction. They must have excellent inter-personal skills, whilst also being able to analyse financial reports. They must develop excellent stakeholder relationships, be clear about organisational priorities and have the ability to resolve conflicts and achieve compromises.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The different roles board directors must adopt
- The key elements of developing and implementing company strategy
- Corporate governance: decision-making, transparency and risk
- Leadership skills including influencing, conflict resolution and interpersonal abilities
- The crucial role of effective communications inside and outside the organisation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and understand the different roles and perspectives of a Board member
- Demonstrate effective strategic analysis and develop strategic options
- Practice leadership skills such as influencing, motivating and delegating
- Apply and implement approaches for effectively implementing new strategies
- Distinguish and learn how different leadership styles affect organisational culture and climate
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Existing directors wanting to enhance their capabilities and competences
- Aspiring directors wanting to prepare for future roles
- Senior managers wanting to gain Board level perspectives
- Functional managers e.g. HR, IT, Finance, wanting to develop higher level capabilities
- Individuals seeking non-executive director roles
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training course will be delivered in a challenging, lively and engaging style by a highly qualified and experienced business leader, with experience of board positions. A range of methods will be used to engage delegates through use of video, case studies, group work and personal feedback. This training course will both challenge and support you to consolidate your experience or help you to the next level of strategic leadership.
The Course Content
Day One: The Role of Board Directors
- Understanding the difference between direction, management & ownership
- Role of Executive and Non-executive Directors
- Key Director Relationships
- Corporate Governance
- Influencing Strategies
Day Two: Developing Company Strategy
- Strategic Analysis & development
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Assessing & managing risk
- Ethical Outcomes and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Generating Options & Making Decisions
Day Three: Strategy Implementation
- Planning for change: Kotter’s Eight Stage model
- Setting Strategic Objectives
- Achieving alignment
- Impact of Culture & Climate on Innovation
- How to inspire and motivate employees
Day Four: Managing Performance
- Critical Success Factors
- Key Performance Indicators
- SMART Objectives
- Strategic Drift
- Continuous Improvement
Day Five: Impactful Communications
- Communicating across the organisation
- Communicating externally: Customers, Suppliers & Contractors
- Inter-personal communications
- Conflict management
- Virtual teams
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course