Why Choose this Course?
This course provides what effective supply chain professionals need to be able to ensure their organisations become industry pace setters, by better managing their supply chains to achieve reduced costs, whilst at the same time, improving service levels.
Global trade has brought about proportionally high levels of risk and uncertainty. In turn, this uncertainty creates a risk spiral that is accompanied by increased cost and reduced levels of service. Risk is found in all supply chains, but with analysis, preparation and action, these risks can be avoided, managed or deflected. This seminar shows how to apply useful tools and techniques to successfully manage this dilemma and paradox.
This course will feature:
- How to understand supply chain operations
- Understand what drives your other supply chain players
- Use analytical tools to identify supply chain risk
- Make cost and service improvements
- Gain a framework for continual improvement
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a thorough understanding of supply chain activities
- Identity, analyse and evaluate supply chain risk
- Understand the keys aspects in reducing risk
- Use risk management tools and techniques
- Make supply chain organisational improvements
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement, buyers and purchasing professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- Logistics, warehouse and distribution professionals
- Those who need an understanding of the relationships between risk, cost & service in supply chains
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussion and lectures using international best practice, practical applications, exercises and case studies, extensive course manual, presented by the Tutor who is an author of many books on supply chain and procurement topics.
The Course Content
Understanding the Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Definitions
- Customers, competitive advantage and demand
- The Global Supply Chain
- Incoterms 3000 and reducing Risk
- Recognising Risks in the Supply Chain
Identifying Supply Chain Instabilities and Risks
- Internal supply chain risks
- PESTLE risks
- Inventory and financial risks
- Disruption and security risks
- Procurement and logistics risks
Understanding the Risk Spiral, Reducing Supply Chain Risk
- Consequences, Outcomes
- Analysing the key drivers of risk
- Improving visibility and reducing variability
- Maintaining velocity, Restoring confidence
- Enabling agility and synchronicity in supply chain
- Applying Supplier Relationship Management
Using Risk Management Tools and Techniques
- Risk mitigation matrix and options
- Risk management principles
- The role of Procurement and Supply Chain strategy
- Evaluation and prioritisation of risks
- Developing a risk management culture
- Contingency and risk management planning
Rethinking the Supply Chain
- Supply chain futures and predictions
- China supply chain effects
- Reengineering supply chains end to end to minimise risk
- Organisation development
- Models for change
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course