Why Choose This Training Course?
Procurement is so important to organisations and it has been severely impacted by COVID-19 putting procurement into the forefront in organisations. We have to grasp the opportunity, making the most of it ensuring there is a sustainable legacy from it. We know the importance of procurement and supply chain, but it is not always recognised throughout the rest of the organisation.
The success of organisation not only depends on what we do, but also how we manage our suppliers and contractors. Excellent Purchasing Management is a prerequisite in this dynamic environment. In the long term, the pandemic has illustrated the importance of good procurement and commercial teams. In these changing times we need to rigorous with how we operate with better supplier relations including a new era of collaboration in procurement. The coronavirus outbreak will fundamentally change the way we do business in procurement management. A more cooperative environment for procurement and supply chain professionals may well be one of the long-term key impacts of COVID-19.
This AZTech training course addresses these issues in order to continuously improve our procurement operations. In the face of a major global crisis such as the spread of coronavirus, now is the time to step rethink how to protect supply chains as much as possible from the adverse impacts.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand how the procurement function has changed as a result of the pandemic
- Know how to identify the changes required
- Understand how to improve collaboration with customers and suppliers
- Illustrate the importance of supplier risk management
- Know how to change supplier relationships
- Develop a design for the organisation’s supply chain
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Managers needing to understand the implications of the virus on the supply chain
- Purchasing and Procurement personnel who are looking for skills in revised concepts of procurement
- All involved in the acquisition of materials, equipment and services, and who are in organisations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Procurement in the New Normal
- How the world changed due to the Pandemic
- What is the purpose of a business?
- Dealing with the Problem of being a “go between”
- Purchasing Process and Cycle of Procurement
- Positioning Purchasing within the Company
- The Global Supply Chain
Day Two: Selecting the Right Supplier & Evaluating Performance
- Analysing Cost
- Analysing Value
- Conditioning the Supplier to Meet Your Requirement
- Hidden Costs
- Life Cycle Costing
- The Total Cost Approach to Purchasing
- Using Price Indices
- Performance Evaluation
Day Three: A New Paradigm for Outsourcing
- Is your relationship transactional or outcome-based?
- Defining desired outcomes that are measurable
- Developing an effective outsourcing contract
- Designing a pricing model that incentivizes desired behaviours
- Evaluating cost/service trade-offs
Day Four: Identifying Procurement Instabilities and Risks
- Internal supply chain risks
- PESTLE and external risks
- Risk management principles
- Evaluation and prioritisation of risks
- Contingency and risk management planning
- How the Pandemic changed our practices regarding Risk?
Day Five: Rethinking Procurement and Improving your Results
- Rationale and approach to performance management including Lean
- Identifying, defining, and tracking your metrics
- Incentives and continuous improvement
- Re-engineering supply chains end to end to minimise risk
- Organisation development
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course