Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
Emergency response situations in the Oil & Gas industry are fast moving, often dangerous and can be chaotic. To avoid the latter, attendance on this course is essential.
The range of potential incidents and emergencies which could affect, disrupt, or stress production are increasing. If managed correctly then not all these incidents will be critical or could be classed as a crisis, but those which result in significant losses, or put increased demand on the organisation will have serious consequences for the company, the company’s stakeholders, the country and the reputation of all those involved in the response. This course will teach you that meeting the commitment involves more than just being fully prepared.
This course will feature:
- Evaluation of the latest listing of potential perilous risks to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Design of effective Crisis Management & Emergency Response strategies
- Communication strategies (including Social Media) for Call Centres, Emergency Centres and Media/Government Relations
- Analysis and appraisal of industry case studies, table-top exercises with syndicate role-playing
- Enhancement of Risk and Business Impact Analyses by researching world events
What are the Goals?
- Understand the attributes between Incidents, Emergencies and Crisis in the industry
- Develop methods on how to avoid unnecessary escalation & how to design command & control response to each scenario
- Learn how to enhance on-scene leadership capabilities and techniques
- Apply best practice in organizing Emergency Communications Centre (ECC), Emergency Response (ERT) and Crisis Management Teams (CMT) to their best advantage
- Analyse the importance of human factor, the means to ensure the best psychological readiness, resource allocation, deployment, discipline and leadership.
Who is this Course for?
The advanced nature of this course will prove beneficial to the Oil & Gas industry particularly those with responsibility for either planning for or responding to incidents, emergencies and crises across the complete management spectrum.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Ministry or Government Regulators
- Fire, Safety and Security Professionals
- Operation, Asset and Facility Professionals
- Risk, Marketing and Insurance Professionals
- Designated Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response Professionals
- Line Managers and Supervisors and other professionals wishing to appraise their comprehension of Emergency Response
How will this be Presented?
This dynamic course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This course will enhance your leadership capabilities through assessments, syndicate role playing, group discussions, crisis communication skills and team problem solving challenges. Seminar materials such as exercises, check-lists, formats and templates will be included and will be of use to you and your team on your return to your office.
The Course Content
Increase your ability to evaluate, mitigate and respond to industry challenges
- Evaluate and mitigate each of the risks facing the oil and gas industry
- Incidents, Emergencies, Crises - how to organise your teams for each scenario
- Cross border Political influences, cyber hacking and War
- Checklists, the essentials of Crisis Management and Leadership behaviours
- Emergency Plans – levels of planning and weaknesses to be avoided
- Program evaluation concept – Internal and External Audits
Crisis Communications & Incident On-Scene Command
- Emergency Communication Centre (ECC) configuration, Information Flow & how to avoid common mistakes
- Team roles and responsibilities, extract the best from your team
- Manage the on-site potential ‘’smouldering’’ Issue before it becomes a Crisis
- Incident Commander and On-scene management. All the essential elements for success
- Investigate the importance of ‘’The Golden Hour’’, what has to be achieved in that first 60 minutes
Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Incident Command Systems (ICS)
- How does BCM fit into Oil & Gas Crisis Management
- Plans and Business Impact Analysis, formats, examples and templates
- Case Study and BCM Exercise
- Critical elements of corporate Command and Control
- Review of International Incident Command Systems
- International Standards for BCM, ICS, Spills, Crisis / Environmental Planning / Response
Media and Reputation Management
- Strategies to communicate with all stakeholders at all levels - Government, Public, Media, Staff
- Case Study. Managing the media response.
- Tools to manage social media (blogs, twitter, face book) so you are always one step ahead
- Protect your reputation and brand with your stakeholders
- Media management template handout lists - Do’s and Don’ts for Conferences and TV Interviews
- Syndicate Exercise
Crisis Management Plan Testing, Training and Exercise Simulations and potential problems
- ‘’The safety policy and procedures were in place – the practice was deficient’’ Piper Alpha Report
- Benefits of exercising and selecting the right type of exercise for the asset/scenario
- What functions need to be tested, what will the outcomes be for the participants and You
- Conducting Post-Incident/Exercise debriefings with checklists
- Evaluations, key recommendations and follow-up, when, how and in what format
- Psychological and potential problems for you and your team after a traumatic experience
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.