Why Choose this Training Course?
Materials processing represents the series of operations that transforms industrial materials from a raw-material state into finished parts or products, i.e. machines and equipment produced for industry. The processes to accomplish manufacturing involve a combination of machinery, tools, power, and labor.
This AZTech training course will cover various aspects of material processing that exist in modern manufacturing process. There will be a detailed discussion of the technical aspects of metal forming & sheet metalworking and metal machining using various types of machines including CNC machines. Special attention will be given to welding techniques and welding quality resting as required in manufacturing of equipment for oil and gas industry.
The training course will include several workshops with real-life case studies.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Characteristics and selection of materials encountered in industry
- Commonly used machining processes
- Welding methods and technology
- Problems with metal casting
- Techniques for metal forming
- Sheet Metalworking
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to
- Identify, explain and use different methods of manufacturing
- Understand the processes and operations with metals and plastic
- Appreciate importance of product and machine process design
- Estimate the power and energy needed for machining and forming
- Explain basic aspects of stress in metal forming
- Familiarize with welding techniques and quality control of weld joints
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Engineers and Technicians involved in material production
- Supervisors in need to get a better grasp of aspects of material processing
- Managers indirectly involved, but responsible for machining and welding
- Engineers involved in quality control of finished products
- Technical professionals involved in material procurement
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures and interactive real-life worked examples, which would require active contribution from all participants during discussions and teamwork. The emphasis in the course will be on the explanation of technical phenomena and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday industrial practice. There will be ample opportunities for active open discussion and sharing professional experiences on all aspects of production process.
The Course Content
Day One: Manufacturing Processes in Industry
- Manufacturing Processes
- Characteristics of Materials
- Mechanical Properties of Metals
- Technical Properties of Polymers
- Thermal Properties of Ceramics
- Technical Properties of Composites
Day Two: Solidification Processes
- Metal Casting
- Shaping Process for Plastics
- Rubber Processing Technologies
- Processing Ceramics
- Glass Working Technology
Day Three: Metal Forming and Sheet Metalworking
- Metal Forming Techniques
- Extrusion and Wire and Bar Drawing
- Dies and Presses for Sheet-Metalworking
- Bending and Cutting Operations
Day Four: Welding Technology
- Weld Joint Preparation
- Basics of Arc welding
- Common Welding Techniques
- Weld Quality Testing
- Common Weld Defects
- Brazing, Soldering, Adhesive Bonding
Day Five: Metal Machining
- Machining Operations
- Machine Tools Selection
- Shaping and Planning
- CNC: Computer Numerical Control Machines
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course