Why Choose This Training Course?
The Master Class Maritime and Logistics Management training course has been professionally designed covering all of modern concepts of successful Maritime and Logistics management that would give students a vibrant knowledge and improve their competencies in the maritime supply chain and logistics fields.
This intensive Master Class in Maritime and Logistics Management includes all aspects of the modern supply chain. It provides the necessary tools to take up a future leadership role or management position and teaches participants how to make informed management decisions. This training course covers all aspects of the modern supply chain and provides delegates with the necessary tools to take over a future leadership role or management position by gaining the skills of how and when to make informed management decisions.
Throughout this AZTech attractive training course the delegates will understand the importance of the maritime industry in the global world trade and how the ships are important in transportation of goods across the oceans to facilitate the market growth and fulfill the destination with all its needs. The attendees will learn about the different aspects of ship operations in carrying maritime logistical processes, as well as chartering agreements.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Creating and developing solid Supply Chain Management strategy
- Forecasting and Vessel chartering and Pricing budgeting skills
- A solid foundations of ship management and maritime economics
- Professional Supply Chain & Logistics Management concepts
- Intermodal and multimodal transportation techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course the participants will have an excellent understanding of ports, logistics and management skills, the brokering and chartering of ships, meeting the needs and requirements to act at management level in logistic organisations which business is related to the maritime sector.
The delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the Maritime Shipping and Structure of Shipping Company
- Identify the roles and functions of the International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS 2020)
- Analyze the Organizations Involved in Maritime and Logistics
- Manage Vessel Chartering and Pricing Rules / Factors
- Differentiate Between Types of Vessel’s Charter Parties
- Discuss Maritime & Port Economics
- Apply the decision-making best practices
- Distinguish the Main Characteristics and Evolutions of Maritime Transport
- Comply with National & International Roles & Regulations
- Identify the Risk within Supply Chain Management
- Compare Economic variables (Supply and Demand) impacts the price elasticity
- Estimate Characteristics of a Good Demand Forecasting
- Recognize Strategic significance of maritime logistics value
- Differentiate between intermodal and multimodal transportation
- Analyze the supply chain management principles
- Value the importance of cargo documentation
- Assess the threats to the maritime transportation industry
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Shipowners, Charterers, Shippers and Maritime Attorneys
- Managers of shipping companies
- Managers of marketing departments in oil and gas production and distribution companies
- Managers of operation departments in the navigation companies
- Scheduling and planning of the vessel rental in brokerage / shipping companies
- Managers of leasing contract departments - freight pricing for tankers in oil companies
- Management of companies and bodies managing and operating ports and storage terminals
- Producers, Traders or Commodities Brokers and Suppliers
- Ship agent, Shipbrokers and Freight forwarders
- Purchasers and Technical Managers and Superintendents
- Insurance Company Underwriters, claims handlers, and members of the legal profession
- Logistics professionals and management trainees who want to move into a more strategic position
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures and interactive worked examples included in several workshops. This will also be presented with several illustrative and instructive videos. The emphasis in this AZTech training course will be on the explanation of all technical points and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday situations related to securing the Maritime Supply Chain and Logistics.
Each learning point will be reinforced with practical examples. There will be ample opportunities for active discussion and sharing professional experiences and exchange that will help solidify the gained knowledge.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Management of Maritime Shipping and Logistics
- International Organization for Shipping Companies
- Maritime Shipping and Structure of Shipping Company
- Roles of Departments in a shipping company
- Shipbroking and Chartering
- Ship Operations and Management
- Cargo Documents
- Incoterms 2020
- Transporting Cargo
- Organizations Involved in Maritime and Logistics
Day Two: Vessel Chartering and Pricing Rules / Factors
- Types of Vessels
- Types of Vessel’s Charter Parties
- Defining Responsibilities
- Procedures and processes for preparing the ship before handing it over to the charterer
- LNG carrier rental prices reach record levels
- What happened to the Shipping sector before and after Covid?
- An early rush to chartering tankers and the capacity crisis
- Why are companies and countries racing to rent gas tankers...and their prices are the highest in a decade?
- The gas crisis in Europe ignites a global battle to acquire tankers
Day Three: Maritime & Port Economics
- The Involvement of Maritime Take holders
- Economic Parameters of Sea-Going Vessels
- The Main Characteristics and Evolutions of Maritime Transport
- Ship Management
- Vessel Certificates
- The Implication of The Existing and Future Structure of the Maritime Trade and the current Fleet
- The Modern Ports Management, Policy and Operation
Day Four: Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Supply chain integration in the maritime shipping industry
- Risk within Supply Chain Management
- key roles & responsibilities of personnel associated with risk management
- Operational Risk Identification
- Planning & Implementing of a resilient supply chain
- The cost and time efficiencies to build into successful Supply Chain process
- Economic variables (Supply and Demand) impact the price elasticity
- Types of Demand Forecasting
- Characteristics of A Good Demand Forecasting
Day Five: Maritime Logistics Management
- The process of maritime logistics
- Maritime logistics value
- Strategic significance of maritime logistics value
- Human Elements in Maritime Logistics
- Intermodal Freight Transport & Logistics
- Tanker Shipping Logistics
- Dry Bulk Shipping Logistics
- Port-centric logistics in concept
- Port-centric logistics in practice
- Ports and logistics chains
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course