Why Choose this Training Course?
It’s likely that the way we work will be forever changed because of COVID-19. The coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis has had a devastating impact on many workplaces, while others have even seen positive changes. It is paramount that all Leaders and managers understand what impact this could have on the workforce. One thing is certain, the leadership of change is more essential than ever.
The Pandemic has caused many changes, changes in long-term mental and physical health of employees, an impact on career development and engagement and teams. Organisations have had to make rapid changes to how they operate, including how and where jobs are carried out, as well as planning for, or returning staff to work safely. Workers in turn, must navigate new ways of working, as well as adapt to changing circumstances in their personal life.
This training course will feature:
- The impact of coronavirus: pros, cons, and next steps for flexible workplaces
- Practical workforce Strategies for Post-COVID Recovery
- Important lessons learned from the Pandemic
- The essentials of leading and managing change
- Managing and supporting workplace mental health
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of coronavirus: pros, cons, and next steps
- Identify people's responses to change and explore the reasons why people resist change
- Describe a practical model for change leadership
- Evaluate workforce strategies that put your people first
- List the main issues surrounding workplace mental health
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders and Managers
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Human Resource (HR) Professionals
- Those responsible for crisis management, occupational health, and risk management
- Anyone who needs to understand the post-pandemic workplace
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the instructor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. The seminar is very participatory and experiential. It involves theoretical insight, awareness building and a lot of skill practice in a group setting.
Training methodology includes individual and group activities focused on skill development. Case Studies and short video presentations will highlight the major teaching features. A variety of Practical Sessions and group interaction are programmed into this course.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Post-Pandemic Workplace
- What impact did Covid-19 have on workplaces worldwide
- How to handle crisis – what we have learnt from this event
- Respond, recover, and thrive
- Are virtual working and virtual meeting part of the “new-normal”
- Workforce Strategies for Post-COVID Recovery
Day Two: Leading and Managing Change
- Change at the individual, team, and organisational level
- Individual resistance to change
- The five psychological phases of change and their effective management
- Managing the change process – a step-by-step model
- Change opportunities post-pandemic
Day Three: Managing and Supporting Employee Mental Health
- What is mental health and why it matters?
- Mental health first-aid: signs, symptoms, & work performance
- The impact of crisis and trauma on people
- Return-to-work following Covid-19
- Developing resilience in self and employees
Day Four: Flexible Working and Engagement
- Work should start now for a more flexible future workplace
- Limitations and advantages of various forms of flexible working
- Online learning – what works and what doesn’t
- Is the open-plan office still fit for purpose?
- Understanding and promoting employee engagement
Day Five: Teamwork in the New Workplace
- The impact of the new workplace on teams
- Managing cross-functional teams
- Is the time right for self-managed teams
- Managing remote teams
- Identify your style as a team player (PTPS)
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Recertification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.