An intensive professional development training course on
Behaviour & Attitudes
Dealing with People Issues & Difficulties in the Workplace
Why Choose this Training Course?
This exciting and innovative Managing Employee Performance, Behaviour & Attitudes training course will introduce you to the latest and best practices in managing employee performance, behaviour & attitudes. Managing Performance is about getting the right things done in the right way by the right people. It involves directing and supporting employees in line with the organisation’s vision and mission and ensuring that the organisation’s strategic goals reflect the needs of the business and are understood by all.
All Managers, Leaders and Professional Staff need to understand human psychology, human behaviour and employee attitudes. Your professional career will be enhanced by attending this important 5-day AZTech training course.
This AZTech HR training course will feature:
- Understanding of human psychological behaviour
- Managing good performance and poor performance
- How to give effective feedback to others
- Develop self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Transition from a technical expert to a people manager
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the meaning of performance management
- Describe how to manage performance decline
- Evaluate the basics of group dynamics
- Differentiate between talent management & succession planning
- List the key competencies of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Formulate a business case for appropriate performance appraisal
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders and Managers
- All HR and Learning and Development professionals
- Engineers, Project Managers, Technical Leads and Financial Professionals transiting into a people management or leadership role
- Those who are new to managing people and are looking for an insight into human behaviour
- Anyone recently promoted into a people management or leadership role
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience course related activities. Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, role play, case studies, exercises and coaching feedback, will be used to facilitate learning.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Yourself and Others
- Exploring human psychology
- Your Johari window
- How are attitudes formed?
- Your personality style explored
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Day Two: Performance Improvement Planning (PIP)
- Introduction to performance management of people
- Understanding performance decline and the factors affecting performance
- Work performance interviewing
- Communication skills for the performance interview
- Managing good performance – behavioural reinforcement theory
Day Three: Driving Performance through Talent Management
- Talent management – explored
- Employee resourcing: best practices
- Introducing basics of manpower planning
- Flexibility and introducing the ‘flexible firm’
- Differentiating succession management & talent management
Day Four: Giving Feedback and Making Appraisal Work
- The principles of effective performance appraisal
- Performance management in a multi-cultural setting
- How to deal with common mistakes and minimise failure
- How to structure an appraisal meeting - a step-by-step outline
- Giving feedback with Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Day Five: Dealing with ‘Difficult’ People
- Providing appropriate career-path planning - supporting development
- Dealing with difficult people and stakeholders
- Behaviour styles – passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive & assertive
- Handling aggression in others
- Personal Action Planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Recertification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.