An intensive professional development training course on
Industrial Hygiene &
Essential Principles & its Implementation
Why Choose this Training Course?
The health of the workforce is vital to the performance of the organisation. This Industrial Hygiene & Occupational Health training course focuses on an understanding of good industrial hygiene and occupational health, and how this area affects the health and well-being of employees and contractors who are exposed to health hazards in the workplace. Industrial hygiene and occupational health programs play a vital role in helping an organisation care for and understand the occupational health risks to their employees, enabling them to protect them and, to subsequently reduce sickness absence levels and optimise employee performance.
Industrial hygiene and occupational health are a vital component of an organisation’s health and safety management system for the effective management of operational risks. The purpose of this Industrial Hygiene & Occupational Health training course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding of industrial hygiene and occupational health issues and their solutions.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding the importance of Health in “Health & Safety”
- Assessments of risks to health, and the implementation of proportionate control measures
- Information on how work and work activities can adversely affect workers
- Syndicate sessions covering some (apparently) simple projects, and learning lessons applicable to most organisations
- Embedding Health into the Culture and Policy of an organisation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the aspects of industrial hygiene and occupational health
- Appreciate the difference between Health and Safety
- Understand how work can make workers ill and what you can do to change this
- Implement occupational health management and surveillance procedures
- Identify occupational health issues and the relevant risk reduction solutions
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is intended as a solid grounding in the principles of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health for people new to this area of responsibility and for those with moderate experience. It is ideally suited to Managers, Supervisors, and Team Leaders.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Industrial (Occupational) Hygienists who develop and manage health programmes
- All managers, supervisors and those who are involved with occupational health
- Production, maintenance, engineers and health and safety personnel
- All personnel involved in purchasing and managing hazardous substances
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Delegates will take part in topic exercises, case studies and the practical training. This includes groups discussions, syndicate exercises, case studies and tutor lead discussions.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health
- What is industrial hygiene and occupational health?
- The Health aspect of Health and Safety
- Identifying health risks to employees and contractors
- Understanding health risk effects on the human body and its organs
- Global strategies and trends
- Syndicate Session: Asbestos and other problems
- Work organisation, work-related stress and well-being
- Thinking about the Culture of the organisation
Day Two: Organ Structure and Function
- Every breath you take: The lungs and respiratory ill health
- Syndicate Session: Respiratory ill health and silica
- Effects of inhaled materials
- Skin deep: Dermatitis and other issues
- Effects of physical agents on major organs
- Biological agents and their effects
- Occupational Health and Corporate Culture – do you care?
Day Three: Occupational Health Risks
- Occupational health elements and their health risk effects
- Occupational diseases and infections
- Occupational toxicology (chemicals, gases, vapors and fibers)
- Consideration of COSHH
- Syndicate exercise: Reviewing Controls and staying up to date (e.g. Welding)
- Musculoskeletal disorders and prevention solutions
- Health effects of light, heat, noise, vibration, pressure and radiation
- Syndicate Session
Day Four: Principles of Industrial Hygiene
- Principles of (Health) Risk Assessment
- Syndicate exercise
- Design of exposure measurement surveys and analysis
- Retrospective exposure assessment
- Biological monitoring
- Sampling methods for gases, vapors and aerosols
- Dermal exposure assessment
Day Five: Occupational Health Management
- Occupational health monitoring and surveillance programs
- Noise, vibration, thermal and lighting management
- Personal protective equipment and its limitations in protecting health
- Understanding Global, Regional and Local Environmental Issues
- Implement an occupational health management program
- Occupational Health and Corporate Culture
- Summary of Course Key Points
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.