Why Choose this Training Course?
Heating systems and heat exchangers play essential roles in all of industrial processes. This Industrial Heating Systems training course provides clear understanding and best practices for commonly used industrial heating systems. This Industrial Heating Systems training course covers fundamentals of industrial heating processes and equipment, and outlines opportunities for energy calculations and saving opportunities. It also discusses the merits of using systems approach in identifying and implementing these improvement opportunities. A five-day Industrial Heating Systems training course of lectures, will feature practical examples and detailed case studies.
This training course will feature:
- Types of industrial heating systems
- Optimum design and operations of the heating systems
- Modern maintenance strategies
- Cost effective operations of these systems
- Safety and risk assessment of heating systems
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate industrial heating processes based on a comprehensive understanding of the governing principle laws and appraise various fuels and their characteristics
- Analyse the performance of various industrial heating systems and evaluate techniques to reduce the formation and emission of pollutants in stationary and mobile combustion systems
- Assess the operation of industrial heating systems e.g. furnaces and boilers and debate issues influencing the design and selection criteria of these systems
- Design energy-efficient and cost effective industrial heating systems
- Carry on critical performance and safety assessments for different types of industrial heating systems
Who is this Training Course for?
The course will be of particular interest to engineers employed in the heat and power generation, energy and process industries.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Process and chemical engineers
- Maintenance engineers
- Plant managers
- Energy and power engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes formal lectures and interactive worked examples included in several workshops. Presented also will be several illustrative and instructive videos. The emphasis in the seminar will be on the explanation of all technical points and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday industrial practice related to operation and maintenance, as well as repair and alterations of industrial heating equipment.
The Course Content
Day One: Fundamentals of Industrial Heating Systems
- Introduction to the course
- Systems Approach
- Components of a Typical Industrial Heating System
- Types of Industrial Heating Systems and Equipment
- Heating Equipment Classification
- Heating Energy Sources
- Industrial Heating Operations
Day Two: Performance Improvement Opportunities
- Industrial Heat Generation
- Heat Transfer in Industrial Environments
- Methods for Heat Containment
- Techniques for Heat Recovery
- Enabling Technologies
Day Three: Precision Operation and Maintenance Tools
- Process Heating Assessment and Survey Tool (PHAST)
- NOx Emission Assessment Tool (NxEAT)
- The Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- System Application Tool
- Maintenance Strategies
Day Four: Industrial Heating Systems Economics
- Understanding Corporate Priorities
- Return on Investment and Impact of Efficiency
- Presenting the Finance of Efficiency
- Relating Efficiency to Corporate Priorities
- Call to Action
Day Five: Health and Safety Aspects
- Risks Associated with Industrial Heating Systems
- Approaches for Achieving Safety Excellence
- Compliance with HSE Standards
- Safety Culture Promotion and Measuring Techniques
- Summary and Programme Closure
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course