Why Choose This Training Course?
This AZTech training course is structured to enhance full understanding of the ideologies and methods of Corporate Governance, Leadership & Management mechanisms, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Internal Audit and Risk-based Compliance in one program. It will explain Governance tools, its added value, the obstacles and how to implement it practically and successfully in a Non-Profit organization.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Introduction to the Nonprofit Organizations, Leadership & Governance and the Factors that Influence the Effectiveness of Boards and the Governance Process
- Governance: What is it about? Key Principles of Good Governance
- Embedding Risk Management into the Corporate Governance Culture
- Risk Management, Compliance & Internal Audit Triangle that strengthen Governance
- Risk of Poor Strategic Boards & Poor Strategic Thinking and Planning
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how and why leadership is one of the fundamental elements of management used in meeting business objectives and key performance indicators
- Understand risk management and how risks are identified, evaluated, and managed in support of the strategic, business, operational and project strategies of the nonprofit organization
- Obtain a more in-depth look at the roles and responsibilities of boards of directors in the governance of nonprofit organizations
- Master more skills of internal audit, controls and compliance roles for nonprofits
- Learn how effective boards of directors should carry out their roles and responsibilities
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is designed for those with an interest in the nonprofit sector, nonprofit organizations, governance and leadership. This specialization is designed for those looking for professional development in the area of nonprofit governance, Public Administration and Business Administration.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Middle Management of non-profit organizations
- Strategic Planners and Business Analysts
- Finance Professionals
- Risk Managers
- Internal Control Officers and Auditors
How will this Training Course Be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes group discussions, facilitated case studies, presentations and team-based exercises. It will also include case examples of situations in which the instructor has been personally involved. Each session allows you to develop your skills and apply them to your organization to analyze the effectiveness of your current approach and your plans for its further development.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to the Non-profit Organizations’ Leadership & Governance
- The Differences Between Nonprofit and For-Profit Organizations
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership focused on issues specific to nonprofits
- Effective Boards and Effective Board Members
- Leadership competencies that will enable you to help boards achieve higher levels of effectiveness
- Nonprofit boards’ multiple roles and responsibilities
- 7 Nonprofit Leadership Competencies
Day Two: Governance; What is it about? Key Principles of Good Governance
- Why is corporate governance a must, not “nice to have”
- What are the main requirements of a sound governance?
- What are the most importance Governance Committees?
- What are the obstacles and barriers to implement effective governance?
- Why non-profit organizations need governance?
- What is the added value of implementing governance in non-profits?
Day Three: Embedding Risk Management into the Corporate Governance Culture
- What is ERM; Fundamental Concepts of Enterprise Risk Management
- Steps of ERM: Identification, Assessment, Mitigation, Monitoring and Reposting
- Operational, financial, liquidity, legal, systemic, fraudulent and non-compliance risks
- Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Heat Map
- Risk Taxonomies and ERM Challenges
- Risk Appetite Framework (RAF)- Risk Appetite Statement (RAS)
Day Four: Three-way Relationship of Risk Management, Compliance & Internal Audit to Strengthen Governance
- The Fundamental Differences and Importance of its Convergence
- Overlapping: Healthy or Wasteful? Cooperation among these functions
- New Trend in Audit: Risk-based Internal Audit
- How and why audit units move into Risk-based Audit programs
- Risk-based Compliance: Definition, Responsibilities and Goals
- Anti-Money laundering and Terrorism Finance Combatting in Non-profits
Day Five: Non-Profit Boards’ Risks
- Role and Responsibilities of Board members: Strategic boards and strategic members
- Role of strategic planning and thinking in driving organization's sustainable growth for within the context of sustainable development
- Developing strategic planning culture is required to uphold organizations’ growth
- Connecting challenges with strategic objectives
- Questions a Leader should be equipped with to Drive Organizations
- Questions to be asked for both Internal and External Auditors
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course