Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Intensive 5-day training course presents a high level appreciation of the principles and practice that underpin great leadership. This course through the process of self study, education and reflection on experience will enable delegates to widen their understanding of leadership competence and apply practical strategies that offer immediate impact. A central theme throughout is that ‘all can lead successfully’ regardless of your level in the organisational hierarchy. By attending this informative and challenging intervention, you will learn to develop your own unique “personalized” leadership style and lead others to extraordinary performance.
This training course will feature:
- An examination of your leadership style and its impact on those you lead
- Practical and empowering techniques that will engage those you lead
- How to harness the power of collaborative diversity to impact efficiency
- Customer focused leadership techniques?
- How to align culture and strategy to generate sustainability and success
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appraise their leadership style and build an rational for personal change
- Implement techniques for strategic organisational change
- Utilise communication techniques that engage and empower
- Create a working culture that aligns to the organisations strategic direction
- Implement strategies that foster commitment to continuous improvement
Who is this Training Course for?
The course is designed for anyone who occupies and existing leadership role or who aspire to such a position. This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals with some management experience but will greatly benefit:
- Management professionals seeking leadership roles
- High potential delegates “fast tracked” for leadership
- Existing leaders seeking to review and revitalize their performance
- Senior leaders with the challenge of initiating organisational change
- HR professional tasked with supporting and coaching their leaders
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will include an interactive mixture of lecture-led learning, group discussions, and focused DVD materials. All activities are designed to facilitate the application of theory into “grounded practice”. Psychometric tools will be employed to provide personalized feedback of current strengths and to identify potential areas for future development and coaching.
The Course Content
Day One: Leadership in a Dynamic, Global Environment
- Perceptions of Leadership
- Leadership is learning: the crucible experience
- Managerial leadership
- The leadership challenge: balancing strategy and culture
- Leadership in strategic thinking organisations
- Understanding the interrelated factors that impact change.
Day Two: Leadership in Organisational Excellence
- Organisation type and leadership development
- Building cultures of organisational excellence
- Questioning the ‘status quo’: innovation or adaption?
- Role model leadership through personal execution
- Customer focused leadership
- Implementing a new culture: creating rich innovative pictures
Day Three: The Communicating Leader
- Communication: the leaders essential tool
- Interpersonal, open communication is two-way
- Understanding how interpersonal communication preferences differ
- Communicating empowerment techniques in leadership
- Great leaders listen: active listening techniques
- Communicating and presenting with impact and passion
Day Four: Leadership and Trusting Relationships
- Successful interpersonal interaction develops leaders with trust
- Characteristics of a leader’s interpersonal interaction
- Emotional intelligence: using emotions productively
- Individual strengths and challenges of each interpersonal styles
- Utilising diverse interaction styles productively
- Building the capacity for trust
Day Five: Leadership Building the Innovative Responsive Environment
- Building an environment of innovation and improvement
- Understanding problems inherent with change and transition
- Leading others through critical change initiatives
- Developing a personal change plan: Doblin’s structured approach
- Leadership in action: a personal intuitive approach
- Leadership review of essential qualities.
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.