Why Choose this Training Course?
It is understood that Leadership is required throughout the organisation - and at all levels – but what does this actually look like? The three levels of Strategic, Tactical and Operational Leadership provide the required leadership framework needed for organizational success.
This highly interactive and engaging programme will help to highlight your leadership preference level, as well as provide a complete, holistic view of leadership within an organisation. It is vitally important to understand each level to gain a greater appreciation of Organizational Leadership and how the three levels interact and complement each other.
Gaining this knowledge will provide the correct leadership style to apply to the situation, help develop a unified organisation culture as well as the systems to achieve the strategic goals, in addition it will provide powerful behavioural skills to influence and motivate others. All of these skills and knowledge are essential for leading, as well as achieving, organizational success and sustainability in the modern world.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The fundamental principles common to all types of leadership, and the characteristics of strategic, operational and tactical leadership
- Strategic leadership: formulating and communicating the vision, mission, objectives and strategy of the organisation
- Operational leadership: creating and leading the systems, structures, processes and resources to achieve the strategic goals and create winning conditions for tactical leaders
- Tactical leadership: front-line leadership and team influence to achieve the organisation’s mission, vision and goals
- Creating the right culture and the organisational leadership for success, and key skills and tools for powerful influential organisational leadership
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the Organisational Leadership system
- Formulate and communicate a compelling strategy/vision
- Create winning conditions for Tactical Leaders
- Leverage Operational Leadership to achieve the goals
- Create a visionary, strategy-based organisation
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior Management and Organisation Leadership Team Members
- Professionals and Leaders responsible for Strategy, Business Development, Organisational Development (OD) and HR
- Intermediate and advanced level managers
- Line and functional managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes speaker input, highly engaging and active discussions, targeted case studies and practical exercises, specific topic relevant videos, a Leadership Profile assessment including facilitated 1-2-1 personal feedback on the results.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Organisational Leadership
- Defining Leadership in an Organisation
- Key behavioural factors in Leadership
- Leading in the modern world: VUCA
- Understanding strategic, operational, and tactical leadership
- Leading Change in an organisation
- Leadership assessment: Strategic, Operational, Tactical?
Day Two: Vision and Strategy: Strategic Leadership
- Characteristics of Strategic Leaders
- Strategic data and planning factors
- Developing Strategy: Mission or Mantra?
- Building your Leadership brand
- Inspirational engagement and influence
- Communicate and cascading Strategy to gain buy-in
Day Three: Implement & Perform: Tactical Leadership
- Characteristics and behaviours of Tactical Leaders
- Tactical Intelligence data and planning
- Managing performance and motivation
- Understanding Team Dynamics
- Building Team cohesiveness
- Coach and engage for success
Day Four: Linking Strategic to Tactical: Operational Leadership
- Characteristics and requirements of Operational Leaders
- Mastering Operational Management principles
- Linking strategic goals to tactical objectives
- Managing key stakeholders: cross-departmental cooperation
- Managing Operational Meetings
- Turning negative ideas in to positive achievements
Day Five: Creating the Leadership Organisation
- Creating an organisational culture
- Developing a collaborative vision and strategy
- Continuous improvement for organisational success
- Working across boundaries: virtual leadership
- Collaborative Organisation: group exercise
- Action Planning & Next steps
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course