Why Choose This Training Course?
Risks are unavoidable as part of life. We can never eliminate every risk, but being effectively prepared to manage and respond to incidents when they present themselves, is key to recovery and being successful. Most organisations today will have an understanding of the risks they may generally be susceptible to, but may not have an effective tried, tested and resourced plan in place. The Information Technology training course will allow delegates the opportunity to understand how to approach Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery on a strategic, tactical and operational level, in order that they can effectively plan, prepare and respond to a crisis incident, confidently and competently to ensure the organisation can sustain minimal down time and resume normal business operations at the earliest convenience.
This Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Architecture Training Course in Dubai and London will also equip the delegate with the latest commercial practices and techniques for understanding risk assessment, asset resource allocation, crisis command and control, and post incident analysis.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand BCP and Crisis Management
- Understand BCP and Risk Assessment and Resource Requirements
- Design and Deliver an effective BCP Architecture
- Appreciate Information Security within a BCP Architecture
- Review BCP Performance Delivery and undertake Critical Appraisal
- Appreciate BCP Support Agencies and Security in a Wider Context
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit, those whom have involvement with and responsibility for BCP, Crisis Management, security of operational technology, including risk assessors, legal counsel, system engineers, HR, security administration and IT management.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training course is highly interactive and is carefully designed to provide the best mix of experience, theory and practice in a professional learning environment. The emphasis is on real case studies, and practical applications through “hands-on” action learning.
The Course Content
Day One: What is Business Continuity Planning?
- Overview of Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Overview of Crisis Management
- Risk identification for BCP
- Evaluating the Risk Vulnerability and Response (RVP)
- Case Study
Day Two: Designing and BCP Architecture
- Who owns the risk mitigation process?
- Self-evaluating questionnaires
- Developing and Implementing Emergency Plans
- Twelve point check list covering the whole planning process
- Mutual Aid arrangements
- Company-wide strategic contingency plans
- Service or departmental plans
- Building evacuation plans
- Crisis Management and Communications. Emergency Centre/s
- Developing and implementing a Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy
- Business Impact Analysis
- Case Study and Workshop
Day Three: Technology and Security Considerations in BCP Architecture
- Information Security aspects of BCP Planning and Execution
- Defining and developing policy, practice and procedure
- Steps to building an effective BCP Blueprint
- Validation and re-assessment of BCP Blueprint
- Case Study
Day Four: Managing BCP and Crisis Management
- Command and Control issues and effective Management
- Dealing with Media and Effective Communication Planning
- How to Identify Early Warning Signs - What can go right and what can go wrong?
- Major Incident Management - Syndicate Exercise
- Dealing with staff physiological and morale issues during a crisis
Day Five: Post BCP Actions
- Resuming BAU Operations
- Validation and Assessment of Planning and Procedures Deployed
- Post Incident Evaluations
- How to Present a Critical Appraisal of Performance and Establishing Priorities and Resource Requirements
- Revision of BCP Process
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course