An intensive professional development training course on
Advanced Operational Excellence:
Continuous Improvement Strategies
Continuous Improvement & Benchmarking
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Advanced Operational Excellence: Continuous Improvement Strategies training course presents a high level appreciation of the features and benefits of three key Performance areas namely; Performance Measurement, Continuous Improvement and Benchmarking. Originally led by Japanese organizations, many International Companies are now leveling the field as performance measurement is seen as vital to quality process management and therefore Shareholder Value.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding Performance Measurement and Benchmarking
- How to instigate, prolong and measure Continuous Improvement
- How to select the ‘vital few’ KPIs
- The vital impact of people on process
- How to integrate performance management with Lean and Agile operations and projects
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of Performance Measurement, Continuous Improvement and Benchmarking
- Show how these activities play a part in helping their organization perform at a higher level
- Determine methods for generating and implementing effective performance measures
- Use a process improvement and benchmarking methods
- Integrate performance measures with relevant Lean and Agile tools to increase productivity
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This includes tutor facilitation, direct input, delegate discussions, case studies, reviews, interactive exercises and video.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is applicable to any person actively involved or contemplating performance measurement, improvement and/or benchmarking activities and will greatly benefit:
- General Managers
- Operational Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Maintenance & Reliability Engineers
- Technical managers & supervisors
- Quality Managers
The Course Content
Day One: Performance Measurement: The Starting Point for Improvement
- The Need for Performance Measurement
- The impact of Lean and Agile methods
- Data Use and Abuse: How to use Data Constructively
- Selecting the ‘vital few’ Performance Measures
- Performance measures in Operations and Projects
- Current good practice in Performance Measurement
Day Two: Using Measurements for Continuous Improvement
- Understanding Variation: The key to understanding performance
- What histograms, run charts and control charts tell us about performance
- The Range and Standard Deviation
- Introduction to Control Charts
- How to Improve a Process
- Problem and Mission Statements
Day Three: An Overview of Lean and Agile Tools and Techniques
- What are Lean and Agile?
- The key principles of Lean management
- Project failures and the origins of Agile
- The fusion of Lean and Agile approaches – the current state of the art
- Analysing a Lean and Agile process or project
- Applying the tools and techniques in practice
Day Four: Benchmarking, Measurement and Improvement
- Benchmarking process and project performance
- Identifying causes of problems, and potential solutions through benchmarking
- Demonstrating the link between a cause and its effect
- Investigating Relationships between Variables
- The role of Knowledge Management
- How the tools integrate with Lean and Agile methods
Day Five: Running a Successful Benchmarking Project
- Scoping and planning benchmarking study
- Identifying and selecting benchmarking Metrics & Partners
- Running effective Lean and Agile projects and processes
- Integrating performance management with Lean and Agile
- The role of benchmarking in change management
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.