Why Choose This Training Course?
The Advanced Negotiation and Critical Partnership Management training course offers delegates the opportunity to engage with classic negotiation techniques, to refresh their leadership, teamwork, relationship skills, in the context of critical partner management. Delivery today requires leaders to not just improve themselves and understand their own organization’s plans, assets and people but increasingly they must plan to leverage the capabilities, from outside of it.
However, the most valuable of partners are likely to be difficult, often expensive, and sometimes – impossible to replace. Delegates will practice their communication, negotiation and partnership skills through exercises designed to challenge and build personal confidence when managing these important relationships. Whether collaborating with critical suppliers, clients, sponsors, government or community partners, this course offers delegates the tools they can apply professionally, to build, sustain and improve valuable organizational relationships.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- A solid professional appreciation of critical partnership theory and practice
- A suite of practical tools to help you build and sustain important relationships
- A way to practice your negotiation, management, and communication skills
- An opportunity to network and share experiences with industry professionals
- A chance to build an action plan and start delivering valuable partnerships
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Lead and steer negotiation teams and projects involving key relationships / suppliers, and often combining internal as well as external agreements
- Confidently structure and manage negotiation meetings and proposals
- Apply advanced communication skills and use personal influence for greater impact and success
- Understand the importance of joint objectives and building a culture of trust
- Appreciate the causes of challenge and conflict and use fresh thinking and creative ideas to build productive solutions when problems arise
- Return to their organisation with fresh and practical improvement points
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Directors leading and responsible for projects requiring valuable partners
- Specialist Technical Executives, delivering daily with key partner/suppliers
- Business Development Managers, exploring innovations and new business ideas
- Project Managers, steering and reporting on projects and ensuring deliveries
- Procurement Managers, managing critical supplier relationships
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course uses adult learning techniques to provide maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of information.
As well as printed material, the use of academic and commercial case studies, and video material, successful participants will ‘learn by doing’, through practical workshop scenario exercises and challenges. They will be engaged in solo, paired and group work and in this professional and confidential space, encouraged to share ideas and learn from peers.
Furthermore, participants will draft their own Action Plans, to enable them to build positive and practical performance improvements points, to implement, when they return to their organizations.
The Course Content
Day One: The Strategic Foundations: The Need For Partnerships
- The Organizational Context: The Modern Challenge (VUCA), Leadership & Change
- The Strategic Context: Planning, Innovation, Alliances, Collaboration
- Understanding Partnership Management: From Suppliers to Critical Partner
- Improving Relationship Management: Towards Joint Planning and Reporting
- Preparing Your Partnership Map
Day Two: Communication Essentials: Personal and Corporate Conversation
- Leadership Communication: Persuasion and Influence, Credibility and Trust.
- Internal Communication: Applying Adaptive Leadership, Sponsors and Supporters.
- External Communication: Relationship Steps & Knowledge Sharing
- Self-Management: Stress, Building Resilience, Habits, Focus, Time-Management.
- Focusing On Relationship Plan & Priorities
Day Three: Negotiation Essentials: Knowing Theory and Applied Practice
- Classic Negotiation Theory and Fundamentals
- Planning To Negotiate
- Tools and Practical Points
- Paired Negotiation Exercise (Practical Solo Challenge)
- Knowing Your Negotiation Style and Tools
Day Four: Workshop: Negotiation Partnership Scenario Exercise
- Building, Leading and Working Within Negotiation Teams
- Team Dynamics And Personalities
- Planning To Negotiate and Communication
- The Team Negotiation Exercise (Practical Team Challenge)
- Understanding the brief and managing your team
- Discovery Sessions and Chemistry Meetings
- Building Proposals and Negotiation
- Solution Building & Relationship Building
- Using Feedback, Team Review and Personal Reflection
- Preparing A Negotiation Personal Improvement Plan (PIP)
Day Five: Action Plan and Take Away
- Partner Performance and Management: Building KPI’s, Value, And Measures.
- Feedback and Reviews: Creating Joint Improvement Plans
- Continued Learning and Professional Practice
- Personal and Organizational Changes
- Personal Action Plan: Partnership & Negotiation; Stop-Start-Keep
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course