Why Choose this Training Course?
Modern day leadership theories and styles have evolved from the classical theories derived from the 1940’s, 50, and 60’s, with some adaptations over the years to suit the relevant decade. However, our thinking and approach to leadership has mainly focused around being in constant presence with those we lead: e.g. we have a traditional central HQ, with all the senior management/Board residing there. This gives complete ‘hands-on’ control. With global fast-paced communication and augmented reality this traditional structure may not be always valid – and leaders will now often find that some of their key people are hundreds of miles away, living in another country, or just working from home. Virtual leadership now requires a completely different emphasis of skills and techniques. You can no longer just rely on your physical presence, but will need to adapt your leadership through other attributes and skills.
This training course has been developed to explore the new ways of virtual leadership and leading remotely with virtual teams. On the training course you will learn about the different approach of leadership that will need to be applied to leading virtual, remote or dispersed teams; the new engagement and influence techniques of leading others remotely; how to effectively communicate using different channels, remotely mange performance and tasks, as well as remotely developing people for greater performance using leading coaching and mentoring techniques. This is essential development for those leading remote and dispersed workers or virtual teams in their organisation.
This training course will feature:
- How traditional leadership differs in leading virtual, remote or dispersed teams
- Understand their own leadership style and how to adapt their ways of leading others
- The key engagement and influencing skills needed for leading remotely
- The main factors for leading change and solving problems with remote working
- How to be effective and efficient in managing performance and output when working with remote and dispersed people
- The key options for development and conducting remote development and coaching techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different approaches to leadership with virtual, remote or dispersed teams
- Influence and build working relationships to engage and build rapport remotely
- Apply techniques to lead change and manage problems effectively
- Demonstrate performance enhancing techniques in virtual environments
- Apply coaching and mentoring to develop others remotely
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit those leading or managing virtual, remote or dispersed teams:
- Senior Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes highly interactive exercises, case studies and targeted videos relevant to the topic area. This will be reinforced through active facilitation, group dialogue and feedback throughout. In addition a simple Leadership Profile Assessment will be used to highlight the leadership style of the individual, with 1-2-1 feedback and action review during the training course by the facilitator.
The Course Content
Day One: Virtual Leadership: Leading Remotely
- Virtual, remote and dispersed working: what is there to gain?
- Leadership and management in the modern world
- Leadership styles and Virtual Leadership application
- Qualities and characteristics of Virtual Leadership
- Importance of VUCA leadership in the virtual world
- Leadership Assessment (leadership profile)
- Review of the Leadership Assessment: feedback and actions
Day Two: Influence & Engagement in a Virtual Environment
- Communication problems of virtual teams and working remotely
- Importance of communication in virtual, remote and dispersed working
- Interpersonal Communication: applying different techniques to traditional methods
- Gaining influence without being there: gaining trust
- Using technology and media to build rapport and working relationships
- Conducting On Line meetings: controlling the virtual meeting
- Handling conflict situations remotely
Day Three: Leading Change and Managing Problems in a Virtual Environment
- Traditional change models and theories
- The human side of change: personal change curve
- Leading change remotely: factors and strategy
- Dealing with problems remotely (people and task)
- Applying creative problem strategies and group think
Day Four: Managing Performance & Output Remotely
- Motivation and the individual
- Defining Performance Management
- Four Key blockers to performance
- Managing performance remotely
- Planning, organising and control in the virtual environment
- Delegating and controlling tasks in the virtual environment
Day Five: Virtual Development Options of Individuals
- Importance of individual development
- Development options and applications in the virtual environment
- Coaching and mentoring: models and principles
- How to conducting remote coaching and mentoring
- Next steps
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course