Why Choose this Training Course?
Made famous by organisations such as Motorola, General Electric and Honeywell, Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of errors and variation. While Lean, the embodiment of Toyota’s Production System principles, focuses on waste reduction and maximisation of value.
Combining the two approaches provides a powerful methodology for embedding improvement and excellence into an organisation’s core values – a disciplined process focused on delivering near-perfect products and services.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Program introduces participants to the foundation concepts required to identify and formulate strategies for improvement and provides participants with the required knowledge and skills on which each of the fundamental improvement paths are based.
This training program introduces participants to all of the core concepts underpinning the Lean Six Sigma approach to implementing a business improvement oriented culture and systems in organisations, and how these are used to improve customer satisfaction, process performance, and enhance competitive advantage and business results.
Participants completing this training program will gain an overall understanding of Lean Six Sigma, its processes for driving problem solving and process based improvement and the key implementation issues which must be addressed to achieve successful implementation.
This training program will also equip participants with the skills and knowledge to execute a successful Lean Six Sigma project within their organization.
What are the Goals?
The goals of this training program are to provide participants with an understanding and working knowledge of the key elements of Lean Six Sigma.
Participants will gain a thorough knowledge of all of the dimensions and components of the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and methodology and the organizational impact that can be achieved through the application of the Lean Six Sigma approach.
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the key improvement strategies at the core of Lean Six Sigma, these being:
- Problem Solving using the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) process
- Process Improvement and Process Reengineering using the DMADV (Define-Measure-Analyse-Design-Validate) process
- Process Flow and Constraints Management (Balance and Flow) using the “Water Bucket” Method
This will be supplemented with additional knowledge, to enable participants to appreciate the key implementation issues, be able to implement Lean Six Sigma improvement projects in their areas, as well as contribute to the development of overall strategies for implementing Lean Six Sigma across their organisations.
In particular, it is expected that participants completing the “Lean Six Sigma Foundations” training program will be able to successfully execute and implement projects using each of the methodologies covered in the training program.
Participants completing this training program may elect to progress further in order to achieve full Green Belt accreditation and the more advanced Black Belt accreditation.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training program addresses the needs of a diverse audience with an interest in Lean Six Sigma. Including:
- Executive Level Managers considering the implementation of Lean Six Sigma approaches within their organisations
- General Managers and Middle Managers wishing to skill up and increase their knowledge of Lean Six Sigma so that they may support the implementation of Lean Six Sigma back in their areas of control
- Managers, Engineers, Scientists and Employees who are likely to be involved as team members and/or team leaders in Lean Six Sigma improvement projects, wishing to acquire the required knowledge and skill set
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Understanding and Implementing Lean Six Sigma is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience.
The training program will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the program are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction and Foundation Concepts
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma and Business Improvement Strategies
- Process Thinking - Developing a process view of the Organisation
- Understanding the Drivers of Cost Structure and the Cost of Quality
- The Process Complexity Concept
- Roles and Responsibilities
Day Two: The DMAIC and DMADV Frameworks
- The DMAIC Process and Tools/Techniques
- Project Charter and Business Case
- Customer Requirements Statement
- Understanding the Process – Process Mapping and Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone and Pareto Analysis, Checksheet and Potential Solution Matrix
- DMAIC Simulation Case Study
- The DMADV Process
- Process Reengineering/Redesign based strategies
- Problem-Process Matrix
- Process Deployment Diagram
- Lean Six Sigma and Innovation
- DMADV Simulation Case Study
Day Three: Measurement and Statistical Techniques
- Data and Measurement Concepts
- Determining what to measure
- The Funnel Experiment
- Understanding the measures
- Introduction to the normal distribution and its use in Lean Six Sigma
- Understanding Variation
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control
- Establishing Process Capability
- Lean Six Sigma Statistics – DPMO, Yield and Sigma Levels
Day Four: Flow Management and Lean Work Management
- Process and Workflow Management
- The Flow View of Processes
- The Water Bucket Method
- Case Study: Smith’s Auto-Service Centre
- Introduction to Lean
- The 4 Rules of Lean
- Visual Management
- Standardised work
- Mistake Proofing
Day Five: Implementation Issues
- Leading a Lean Six Sigma Project
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma in your organization
- Aligning Lean Six Sigma to Company Strategy
- Lean Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- The Senior Management Roles – Championing/Sponsoring
- Benefits Realisation
- The Path to Excellence
- Conclusion and Review
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training program