Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
This highly participative course will help you to develop your leadership skills to lead others in making effective decisions. In this course you will learn the latest breakthrough methods in the dynamics involved in effective decision making. The course will equip you with creative problem solving skills as you embark on making decisions on difficult situations in the workplace. You will obtain the latest insights into the dynamics of effective decision making and effective leadership skills. By applying these leadership skills to the tasks and challenges you face in your work, you will develop excellent leadership styles which will help your workplace to be more productive.
This course will feature:
- Gaining insights into your decision making styles
- Developing your decision making skills
- Applying creative problem solving in the workplace
- Overcoming mental blocks to effective decision making
- Effective leadership to develop team problem solving skills
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to cultivate key leadership styles
- Develop personal growth as an effective leader
- Display better understanding of how to lead others towards effective decision making
- Develop personal insights on how to cultivate creativity in the organization
- Apply effective leadership styles in different situations
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who are new Leaders
- Professionals keen on acquiring a Managerial position
- Any person actively involved in the dynamics of making decisions and providing leadership to others in supervisory roles.
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes case studies, interactive activities, exercises and instructional videos.
The Course Content
Gaining Insights into your Leadership Styles
- How Perception influences our leadership style
- Understanding our personality
- Personality and leadership style
- Improving our strengths & managing our weaknesses
- Maximizing our interpersonal relationship with others
- Removing emotional and mental blind spots
Developing Decision Making Skills
- Using your left brain & right brain to make decisions
- Split brain theory for developing effective problem solving skills
- Developing openness to new ideas in making decisions
- Promoting idea mobility in teams
- Understanding the creative solving process in individuals and teams
- IDEAL problem solving approach
Applying Effective Decision Making Skills in the Workplace
- Encouraging creative problem solving for continuous improvement
- Removing blocks to creative problem solving
- Convergent versus Divergent Thinking
- Divergent Thinking Skills for solving problems
- Using SCAMPER techniques to approach problem solving
- Applying SCAMPER techniques to make effective decisions
Overcoming Mental Blocks to Decision Making
- Challenging self-imposed assumptions
- Metaphorical thinking
- Increasing new ideas
- Getting people behind your ideas
- Evaluating new ideas
- Creative leadership
Effective Leadership to Develop Dynamic Problem Solving in the Team
- Ensuring alignment with corporate mission
- Encouraging self-initiated activity
- Endorsing Unofficial activity
- Enhancing Serendipity
- Importance of appreciating diverse stimuli
- Developing a personal action plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.